+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Michael Gove.

Re: Michael Gove.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    What makes you think I want Johnson to stay in post given I have stated previously I think he should resign. And what makes you think current Tory thinking is Johnson should stay in post? Prior to the invasion of Ukraine, Johnson was facing a backbench revolt.

and make no mistake, most politicians are in it for themselves. There's very few who are truly munificent with entirely altruistic intentions. Tony Benn springs to mind, and maybe Dennis Skinner.

there we are then, it must be false if it says so on the internet.
    Tony Benn and Dennis Skinner aren't proper Labour because they wanted out of the EU!

I could hardly afford to feed myself when I left home, eating Instant Mash and tinned Mince.

What makes you think I want Johnson to stay in post given I have stated previously I think he should resign. And what makes you think current Tory thinking is Johnson should stay in post? Prior to the invasion of Ukraine, Johnson was facing a backbench revolt.

and make no mistake, most politicians are in it for themselves. There's very few who are truly munificent with entirely altruistic intentions. Tony Benn springs to mind, and maybe Dennis Skinner.

there we are then, it must be false if it says so on the internet.
    Maybe you're right to say that you shouldn't trust all you read on fact checking sites - I'd forgotten about this example of the sort of syhsters who could use them for their own ends.

https://news.sky.com/story/tories-cr...hange-11865342

https://www.ft.com/content/0582a0d0-...6-9bf4d1957a67

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Tony Benn and Dennis Skinner aren't proper Labour because they wanted out of the EU!

I could hardly afford to feed myself when I left home, eating Instant Mash and tinned Mince.
    Lot of folk have been there, starved as kid , no extra benefits pay outs for my mum , dad died when I was very young (alcohol addiction ) got married lost house declared myself bankrupt via a personal court order to get rid of all debts ,self thankfully its not like that now and benefits are better , i'm sure there a few still struggling because of personal reasons.

I have terrible arguments with one of my kids who thinks its okay to go shopping in a taxi have takeaways delivered and then moans her benefits don't stretch , as she smokes and drinks her way through the month , she earns more on benefits than people I work with

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post

Plenty on the left wanted out of the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Lot of folk have been there, starved as kid , no extra benefits pay outs for my mum , dad died when I was very young (alcohol addiction ) got married lost house declared myself bankrupt via a personal court order to get rid of all debts ,self thankfully its not like that now and benefits are better , i'm sure there a few still struggling because of personal reasons.

I have terrible arguments with one of my kids who thinks its okay to go shopping in a taxi have takeaways delivered and then moans her benefits don't stretch , as she smokes and drinks her way through the month , she earns more on benefits than people I work with
    And this years DHOTYA goes to

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post

Certainly a different slant on the mythical benefits scrounger.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Maybe you're right to say that you shouldn't trust all you read on fact checking sites - I'd forgotten about this example of the sort of syhsters who could use them for their own ends.

https://news.sky.com/story/tories-cr...hange-11865342

https://www.ft.com/content/0582a0d0-...6-9bf4d1957a67
    I do wonder who within Tory HQ thought this was a good idea to do begin with? They must surely appreciate these things are brought out in the open soon enough.

I do wonder who within Tory HQ thought this was a good idea to do begin with? They must surely appreciate these things are brought out in the open soon enough.
    Agreed, it just gives people like me another stick to beat them with.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Plenty on the left wanted out of the EU.
    Yep.
    I was being sarky, because leavers seem to be painted as Right Wing.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Actually you can make a very good mackerel pate with relatively cheap ingredients. I make it quite often.
    Relatively "cheap ingredients"? Sadly barring the Mackrell which used to be dirt cheap. I made some Mackrell Pate yesterday and cheap it ain't!
    I assume your not the main shopper in the household?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    That cant be genuine???!!!
    It very much was. I watched it first hand. Idiot.

Idiot - Not you HILTS! The inept Tory Cabinet, I meant!

He must be working with newspaper delivery boys.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

That's your Daughter you're talking about.