+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Michael Gove.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Michael Gove.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I have noticed that Left wingers do love to politicise foodbanks.
    I know. Who would have thought that the proliferation of foodbanks in the 21st century could possibly be an issue that divided political opinion. Bonkers!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I know. Who would have thought that the proliferation of foodbanks in the 21st century could possibly be an issue that divided political opinion. Bonkers!
    They are in existence and have grown in every country though.
    And they occur more frequently in two of the three regions/nations in the UK that have devolved (non Tory) governments.

So the evidence would suggest that the lazt narrative of 'iTs aLl tHe ToreYs fAUlT" clearly isn't true. And if it isnt true, then we won't find a solution.

So no, I think a lot of people are more interesting in making political capital out of the situation rather than genuinely helping.

There's loads of issues at play, it's complex, but quite clearly helping families and individuals to cook better and to make food go further is a good thing. Damn site more helpful than middle class people on twitter getting angry at the bloke who said it.

And they occur more frequently in two of the three regions/nations in the UK that have devolved (non Tory) governments.

So the evidence would suggest that the lazt narrative of 'iTs aLl tHe ToreYs fAUlT" clearly isn't true. And if it isnt true, then we won't find a solution.

So no, I think a lot of people are more interesting in making political capital out of the situation rather than genuinely helping.

There's loads of issues at play, it's complex, but quite clearly helping families and individuals to cook better and to make food go further is a good thing. Damn site more helpful than middle class people on twitter getting angry at the bloke who said it.
    So you think that poverty is an issue that should be depoliticised? What next immigration?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    So you think that poverty is an issue that should be depoliticised? What next immigration?
    No, I think we should all try and find a solution to it.

First Team

Now you're being clearly disingenuous and ridiculous.

You know for a fact that Tory areas are generally wealthier and therefore are less likely to have as many foodbanks.

Stop pretending you aren't biased and a paragon of unbiased reason. You aren't. Nowhere near.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Now you're being clearly disingenuous and ridiculous.

You know for a fact that Tory areas are generally wealthier and therefore are less likely to have as many foodbanks.

Stop pretending you aren't biased and a paragon of unbiased reason. You aren't. Nowhere near.
    Maybe you've been out of the country too long, or not familiar with the stats (I know you are a theory man)?

But Scotland isn't income poor. And Wales is similar on most levels with N.East England, and yet we were (in 2017/18) at least, significantly more reliant on food banks. Also, the welathiest part of the UK by far is London, which is as solid Labour as it gets nowadays.

The point is: People lazily blaming the UK government are misdiagnosing the problem and if you do that you will not solve it. People say these areas need more Labour in their lives, but thats a bit like saying they need more jesus in their lives - it makes the teller feel righteous, but there is no evidence to support it.

Much better, if we want to solve this issue, that we stick to the facts:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/regio...dhi/1997to2019

https://www.statista.com/chart/14092...-foodbanks-uk/