Re: Alnwick 'appears done'

My Mrs when I'm too drunk?

Quote Originally Posted by Hungry Blue View Post
    My Mrs when I'm too drunk?
    Does that make you Mr Lightyear?

He is playing right now for St Mirren!
    We should go after Etheridge in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    He is playing right now for St Mirren!
    We should go after Etheridge in my opinion.
    Etheridge was good for us and is a really good shot stopper but he is not suited to the modern game. The only keeper less adept with his feet I can remember was Ryan Day, at least in the horrific opening day cameo he had for us at Wigan away. If we are moving away from the bang it 80 yards and win the 2nd ball approach then he is not the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Etheridge was good for us and is a really good shot stopper but he is not suited to the modern game. The only keeper less adept with his feet I can remember was Ryan Day, at least in the horrific opening day cameo he had for us at Wigan away. If we are moving away from the bang it 80 yards and win the 2nd ball approach then he is not the answer.
    Joe Day

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Joe Day
    He was shit at long pots, that's all I remember!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Joe Day
    Right on cue

Some comments from St Mirren supporters. They rate him. Lets give him a chance. https://twitter.com/bawarmy/status/1...qrUN1EcIMc7n4Q

Are all his words constantly going to be used in some weird way to have little digs at him?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Are all his words constantly going to be used in some weird way to have little digs at him?
    For all we know, Alnwick might turn out to be an excellent signing. Nonetheless, personally, it didn't give much me much of the forecasted buzz.
    I'm intrigued to know who the Bellamy (or above?!) signing will be.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    For all we know, Alnwick might turn out to be an excellent signing. Nonetheless, personally, it didn't give much me much of the forecasted buzz.
    I'm intrigued to know who the Bellamy (or above?!) signing will be.
    As an aside, I'm happy (and I guess most others) that we're having this mass in/out of players. One reason of this changing of the guard comes from the club not having a fixed style of play between managers. Of course cost cutting is another.
    Not having the consistencey was really apparent with MM, OGS and Slade. Slade would have been better off with MMs team rather that of OGS (if he'd been allowed to keep players).
    We can only hope that the manager after Morison shares some of his ideas so at least we can make good use of the players already at the club.

As far as ability with the feet the keepers ability with his feet is the least of our worries. Some defenders with the ability to play out from the back would be nice.

Statistically one of the best keepers in the Scottish league apparently. Also seems highly rated by St Mirren fans.

Out of contract so we’re getting him on a free. Seems like a solid signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Statistically one of the best keepers in the Scottish league apparently. Also seems highly rated by St Mirren fans.

Could be a very shrewd signing

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post

Small risk with a good upside.

Happy with it

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    According to the BBC reporter. Fans ratings have him far lower! Perhaps they know he's on his way...

I keep on reading on twitter about the fans who are criticising the Alnwick signing, but I've yet to come across anyone who is actually doing that - I don't see how anyone can be critical when we know so little about him. He may turn out to be crap, but, for now, it seems that any criticism, if there is any, must be down to the club he played for and the league they play in.

A neat bit of business, Morison-style.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I keep on reading on twitter about the fans who are criticising the Alnwick signing, but I've yet to come across anyone who is actually doing that - I don't see how anyone can be critical when we know so little about him. He may turn out to be crap, but, for now, it seems that any criticism, if there is any, must be down to the club he played for and the league they play in.
    I bet if it was a equal league abroad with a more exotic name, we'd get a bit more excited

Can't wait to see him play - but is he first or second choice?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I bet if it was a equal league abroad with a more exotic name, we'd get a bit more excited

Can't wait to see him play - but is he first or second choice?
    I’d guess he’s going to be the number one choice.

Having watched very little football outside of City, my gauge for whether a player is good or not is whether the club’s fans are sad that they’re leaving. They’re not happy so I am.

Talk Sport Twitter saying done deal https://twitter.com/alex_crook/statu...vvlVGmByacKk4g