Steve Thompson has some good things to say about him:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-you...p-jak-27005654

Former Saints striker Steven Thompson believes Alnwick couldn’t turn down his move to Cardiff City, having enjoyed four years with the Bluebirds as a player himself.

He is confident the former Newcastle man will thrive in the second tier of English football and admits he will be a tough act to follow in Paisley.

Thompson said: “St Mirren have been very lucky with goalkeepers over the last four years, with Vaclav Hladky before and then Jak. He will be a very big miss.

“There’s no doubt he was one of the top keepers in the league over the last two years. He’s performed so well throughout this season, making a number of fantastic saves. He’s also a good communicator which helps the defence massively.

“As well as his saves, he’s exceptional with the ball at his feet which is often overlooked with goalkeepers.

“He’ll be a huge miss but it’s hard for a club like St Mirren to hold on to players like him.

“I know from experience Cardiff are a huge club and it’s a massive step up for him.

“He really couldn’t turn that down and “I wish him all the best down there. I’m confident he’ll do well there.”