+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jak Alnwick - Done deal

Re: Alnwick 'appears done'

2 signings so far, both met with a degree of positivity from the fans.
    How long will that last I wonder?

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Re: Jak Alnwick - Done deal

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    who's feeling the buzz?
    Gary Barlow is.

0_alnwick-morro-web1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Gary Barlow is.

0_alnwick-morro-web1.jpg
    In terms of him arriving, could it be magic?

We always seem to get it right with keepers to be fair. Lets hope we have here.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    We always seem to get it right with keepers to be fair. Lets hope we have here.
    I agree.

When I started following the City, they had two good 'keepers in Bill Irwin and Ron Healey.

Goal keeper. Who really cares?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Goal keeper. Who really cares?
    Ive seen Mark Howard and Ross Turnbull recently

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I’ve seen Mark Howard and Ross Turnbull recently
    I’ll raise you Peter Zois & Dimi Dropaballalot.

Luthra has also signed a new deal

Steve Thompson has some good things to say about him:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-you...p-jak-27005654

Former Saints striker Steven Thompson believes Alnwick couldnt turn down his move to Cardiff City, having enjoyed four years with the Bluebirds as a player himself.

He is confident the former Newcastle man will thrive in the second tier of English football and admits he will be a tough act to follow in Paisley.

Thompson said: St Mirren have been very lucky with goalkeepers over the last four years, with Vaclav Hladky before and then Jak. He will be a very big miss.

Theres no doubt he was one of the top keepers in the league over the last two years. Hes performed so well throughout this season, making a number of fantastic saves. Hes also a good communicator which helps the defence massively.

As well as his saves, hes exceptional with the ball at his feet which is often overlooked with goalkeepers.

Hell be a huge miss but its hard for a club like St Mirren to hold on to players like him.

I know from experience Cardiff are a huge club and its a massive step up for him.

He really couldnt turn that down and I wish him all the best down there. Im confident hell do well there.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Steve Thompson has some good things to say about him:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-you...p-jak-27005654

Former Saints striker Steven Thompson believes Alnwick couldnt turn down his move to Cardiff City, having enjoyed four years with the Bluebirds as a player himself.

He is confident the former Newcastle man will thrive in the second tier of English football and admits he will be a tough act to follow in Paisley.

Thompson said: St Mirren have been very lucky with goalkeepers over the last four years, with Vaclav Hladky before and then Jak. He will be a very big miss.

Theres no doubt he was one of the top keepers in the league over the last two years. Hes performed so well throughout this season, making a number of fantastic saves. Hes also a good communicator which helps the defence massively.

As well as his saves, hes exceptional with the ball at his feet which is often overlooked with goalkeepers.

Hell be a huge miss but its hard for a club like St Mirren to hold on to players like him.

I know from experience Cardiff are a huge club and its a massive step up for him.

He really couldnt turn that down and I wish him all the best down there. Im confident hell do well there.

Just saw that. All very promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I’ve seen Mark Howard and Ross Turnbull recently
    I saw Fred Armisen yesterday. With tall blonde. Taller than him anyway. I don't think he'd make a very good goal keeper.

There is a town in Northumberland called Alnwick,a town always voted into the top ten places to live in,and it is pronounced Anick.I am just wondering how he pronounces his name?