+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jak Alnwick - Done deal

Re: Jak Alnwick - Done deal

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Steve Thompson has some good things to say about him:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-you...p-jak-27005654

Former Saints striker Steven Thompson believes Alnwick couldn’t turn down his move to Cardiff City, having enjoyed four years with the Bluebirds as a player himself.

He is confident the former Newcastle man will thrive in the second tier of English football and admits he will be a tough act to follow in Paisley.

Thompson said: “St Mirren have been very lucky with goalkeepers over the last four years, with Vaclav Hladky before and then Jak. He will be a very big miss.

“There’s no doubt he was one of the top keepers in the league over the last two years. He’s performed so well throughout this season, making a number of fantastic saves. He’s also a good communicator which helps the defence massively.

“As well as his saves, he’s exceptional with the ball at his feet which is often overlooked with goalkeepers.

“He’ll be a huge miss but it’s hard for a club like St Mirren to hold on to players like him.

“I know from experience Cardiff are a huge club and it’s a massive step up for him.

“He really couldn’t turn that down and “I wish him all the best down there. I’m confident he’ll do well there.”

Just saw that. All very promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I’ve seen Mark Howard and Ross Turnbull recently
    I saw Fred Armisen yesterday. With tall blonde. Taller than him anyway. I don't think he'd make a very good goal keeper.

There is a town in Northumberland called Alnwick,a town always voted into the top ten places to live in,and it is pronounced Anick.I am just wondering how he pronounces his name?