+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bitcoin

Bitcoin

Now at $27,000

Literally half of a few months ago

These Crypto are never going to take off as a alternative to cash if they fluctuate so wildly

International

Re: Bitcoin

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Now at $27,000

These Crypto are never going to take off as a alternative to cash if they fluctuate so wildly
    All Crypto currency down, the obsure ones like Solana going down 38% in a day, it's basically gambling.

Now at $27,000

Or quadruple a few years ago, all about prospective.

Its essentially operating as a stock at the minute due the influx of massive banks and people looking to get rich quick but my last 2 digital purchases this week were both with Bitcoin

It's absolutely loony. But I certainly wish I'd got involved in it. Lots of silly people made lots and lots of money, lots of bandwagon jumpers going to lose a fortune.

Now at $27,000

Wait until a big player like Amazon jumps in https://www.theverge.com/2013/2/5/39...0Kindle%20Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    It's absolutely loony. But I certainly wish I'd got involved in it. Lots of silly people made lots and lots of money, lots of bandwagon jumpers going to lose a fortune.
    Lots of silly people made lots of money? Eh How'd you work that out?

Now at $27,000

Quite right. And then if they become as stable as traditional currency, they'll be pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Quite right. And then if they become as stable as traditional currency, they'll be pointless.
    quite. they have almost no utility at the moment other than as an investment due to their value fluctuating. take that away and they're less than pointless

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    A quick look at the twitter/reddit feeds will show the almost cult like weirdness that surrounds a lot of crypto. It's just been a complete bubble, those who got the most excited and swallowed the crazy hype will have got in early and made a fortune.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    They weren't really silly were they, risk takers or gamblers yes, but if they made a lot of money you could call them smart, or lucky.

International

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Or quadruple a few years ago, all about prospective.

Its essentially operating as a stock at the minute due the influx of massive banks and people looking to get rich quick but my last 2 digital purchases this week were both with Bitcoin
    It's a trading game, buy low sell high or high-ish wait for it to crash repeat, always in the knoweldge that you could lose the lot!