+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fifty more Downing St. fines.

Fifty more Downing St. fines.

No more details than that at present.

Re: Fifty more Downing St. fines.

What the hell was going on there?

Is this going to exceed Chelsea v City arrest and banning order in 2010 , it was a proud day for the club , and being knocked off the perch by scum Tories is disgusting

100 Not Out.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    100 Not Out.
    What, the 100 people who have been fined still work there? That is reassuring as I thought Johnson might have thrown a few of them under a bus

Where is Sue Gray

Sounds like a superspreader event

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Where is Sue Gray
    They should sue Gray!

Will Boris & Co still be partying in Downing Street during the monkeypox lockdowns

Sue Gray report due sometime this week apparently. Why on earth should anyone who was fined be given the chance to object to the report? (see today's 5.00pm deadline etc). Where is the impartiality in that?

After first saying that Sue Gray instigated the meeting with Johnson to discuss her report, his spokesperson has admitted that it was the PM. Why try to convey a totally different impression if it was all honest and above board?

Dear oh dear oh dear. Even the scum reporters can’t defend this one https://twitter.com/mrharrycole/stat...EkCCj8Uj-W7pHQ

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Dear oh dear oh dear. Even the scum reporters can’t defend this one https://twitter.com/mrharrycole/stat...EkCCj8Uj-W7pHQ
    And he was supposed to be self isolating https://twitter.com/bethanyusher/sta...EkCCj8Uj-W7pHQ

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Look at the bottles and cans on the table - typical of the sort of leaving parties I went to plenty of times in the Civil Service and yet there’s a video of Johnson denying there was a party that day.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Look at the bottles and cans on the table - typical of the sort of leaving parties I went to plenty of times in the Civil Service and yet there’s a video of Johnson denying there was a party that day.
    I suppose the most generous thing you could say is that the No 10 team has got sharper by at least getting ahead of the news rather than just reacting to it. However, the weekend briefing against Sue Gray, probably the only person coming out of this with integrity, was just shabby and shameful.

How many Ministers does it take doing media duty to trot out prescribed lines from No 10, the latest being Simon Clarke, after Zahawi's dissembling at the weekend, that fall apart within hours, before these people think propping up a liar with lies is not worth the effort?

Not enough it seems!

No wonder ex civil servants celebrate , as they leave with early retiring deals to take up healthy pensions and tax free lump sums .

Boris Johnson's barmy army of supporters in the Cabinet are fast running out of credibility with the latest revelations today. When the Sue Gray report appears later this week (maybe even tomorrow according to BBC News at Ten) there can be no further procrastination possible. Either these Tories continue to back a morally bankrupt PM or vote him out of office asap. I will be writing to our M.P. (who happens to be a Tory) to suggest that he does the latter. If it does come down to a vote of no confidence then I will certainly be checking which way our M.P. voted.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Boris Johnson's barmy army of supporters in the Cabinet are fast running out of credibility with the latest revelations today. When the Sue Gray report appears later this week (maybe even tomorrow according to BBC News at Ten) there can be no further procrastination possible. Either these Tories continue to back a morally bankrupt PM or vote him out of office asap. I will be writing to our M.P. (who happens to be a Tory) to suggest that he does the latter. If it does come down to a vote of no confidence then I will certainly be checking which way our M.P. voted.
    All the Cabinet owe their jobs and lavish lifestyles to Johnson and there are many many Tory backbenchers anxiously waiting to be promoted: I really can't envisage a mass revolt against Big Dog!

Another one, and it wasn't investigated by Gray or the Met. I'd imagine there'll be more of these dripping out over the weeks, but on the plus side the tories will start providing some help for the cost of living crisis as a distraction.

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/stat...242106370?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by nomad blue View Post
    Another one, and it wasn't investigated by Gray or the Met. I'd imagine there'll be more of these dripping out over the weeks, but on the plus side the tories will start providing some help for the cost of living crisis as a distraction.

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/stat...242106370?s=19
    If the political class lied about the risk of covid by partying and having a curry, might they have lied about other things ?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    If the political class lied about the risk of covid by partying and having a curry, might they have lied about other things ?
    They didn't lie about the risk of Covid. They just didn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    They didn't lie about the risk of Covid. They just didn't care.
    Yes right

Imagine how many people 100 attendees would have put at risk, indirectly, not forgetting catering staff , security, taxi drivers etc. There was no risk. They knew it.
    The rule makers were the rule breakers - do the maths.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Yes right

Imagine how many people 100 attendees would have put at risk, indirectly, not forgetting catering staff , security, taxi drivers etc. There was no risk. They knew it.
    The rule makers were the rule breakers - do the maths.
    Either every government in the world decided to lie about the risk for a good 18 months simultaneously

Or

They thought what most people think about potentially bad things - it won't happen to me, and if it does, I'll probably be ok.

Which is more likely?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Either every government in the world decided to lie about the risk for a good 18 months simultaneously

Or

They thought what most people think about potentially bad things - it won't happen to me, and if it does, I'll probably be ok.

Which is more likely?
    Every government in the world didn’t follow the same pathway though and the ones who did probably received financial grants etc to do so.

This was before the vax rollout as well wasn’t it, and not that long after the PM was discharged from hospital.