+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jeremy Hunt

Jeremy Hunt

"I would have avoided all lockdowns" - 21/05/22

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/exclusive-i-would-have-avoided-all-lockdowns-jeremy-hunt-tells-gb-news/299895

"The UK should have locked down earlier in covid pandemic" - 12/10/21

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...nsible-3415520

Re: Jeremy Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/exclusive-i-would-have-avoided-all-lockdowns-jeremy-hunt-tells-gb-news/299895

Is this the thread where people's stupid, contradictory or hypocritical statements about covid get played back?

Just give me the nod!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Is this the thread where people's stupid, contradictory or hypocritical statements about covid get played back?

Just give me the nod!
    Unfortunately we don't make the laws, so it doesn't matter what we think as it's just banter at the day. Therefore, going into stalker mode is a bit OTT if you ask me.

Unfortunately we don't make the laws, so it doesn't matter what we think as it's just banter at the day. Therefore, going into stalker mode is a bit OTT if you ask me.
    Apparently you think saying Lardy and Cyril ad infinitum without a hint of irony gives you some kind of CCMB Gold Pass. How sweet!

Apparently you think saying Lardy and Cyril ad infinitum without a hint of irony gives you some kind of CCMB Gold Pass. How sweet!
    It's Lardy & Cyril

1) It's a Chinese Plot against its own people;
    2 Its a hoax inflamed by the media;
    3) It's a bit like Y2K;
    4) It's a bit like the common cold or seasonal flu;
    5) Let's call it Wuhan Flu;
    6) Textbook response by health authorities and the British and US Governments;
    7) Only 0.1% (350k Americans) will die so that is no reason to shut down the economy so dramatically;
    8) Hydroxychloroquine is a miracle cure that if you were offered the choice of it or a ventilator which one would you go for;
    9) It was all the World Health Organisation's fault we should never have listened to their tweets;
    10) Most of those poor souls were dying anyway so it's nowhere near as bad as it seems;
    11) Any vaccine is one of Bill Gates trojan horse vaccines advocated by a deep state health official, who was once photographed with George Soros, which will probably kill us anyway;
    12) Well it's just an extended month's holiday for workers whilst the economy burns;
    13) Hydroxochloroquine is the miracle cure because Trump met a Democrat who recovered using it;
    14) The WHO were running the show along with the CDC;
    15) Those who do not believe Trump's narrative generally or on the WHO specifically are siding with China;
    16) It would be very unfortunate if the WHO or China were shown to have been complicit in the spread of the virus that killed tens of thousands of people around the world, including many of the deaths that TOBW was apparently trying to pin directly on Trump;
    16) I believed that the WHO were doing a textbook job initially but now I am not so sure. This shows how I flexibly adjust my views which is a talent not all possess;
    17) I know what a Plandemic is and the current US investigation into the WHO is already examining the possibility that the virus was leaked from the Wuhan biolab, and that it may have been present in Wuhan earlier than thought;
    18) I am sitting on some information that if true will shock a lot of people much worse than anything mentioned on here so far, but I'm not posting it until I can verify it with other sources.
    19) I am getting tired of seeing people trying to use this event as a political football, in an attempt to gain moral superiority.
    20) All diseases that lead to death are terrible, but I'm just not seeing a once in a hundred years catastrophic event here.
    21) If the global economy crashes people will die in the hundreds of millions. Until you can square that circle we are heading towards an unprecedented catastrophe of epic proportions
    22) I didn't support them going on forever like some people are calling for, and some countries that did nothing haven't had a once in a hundred years catastrophic situation.
    23) Bill Gates reckons it's Pandemic 1, in a series of 1001 pandemics!
    24) An intuitive person's position would naturally evolve over time, unless their thoughts were being manipulated by a subset of the media
    25) I dunno, but the goings on in Wuhan seem a bit fishy to me, and the way things are heading I wouldn't be surprised to see China being asked to foot the bill, which would run into many trillions of dollars.
    26) Supervisor Jim Desmond says San Diego has only had ‘six pure’ coronavirus deaths
    27) It's a huge scandal what happened in many care homes around the world and somehow they all managed to follow the same course of action, which begs the question where did the directive come from, or was it coincidental that the same thing occurred in many different countries?
    28) China were so successful in controlling the Coronavirus narrative via the WHO and world media, that there were people on here repeating the Chinese Communist Party line.
    29) There is a the BBC article minimizing the role that China played in the transmission of the the virus to the UK, by saying their contribution to the pandemic was almost zero percent;
    30) The EU acted as incubation zone that allowed the virus to freely multiply, before it's onward transmission into the UK;
    31) The Virus is a trojan horse for Tony Blair to introduce a national identity card scheme;
    32) The trouble is there will be no normality to return to as the global economy will have been wiped out,

STALKER ALERT!!!!!
    STALKER ALERT!!!!!
    STALKER ALERT!!!!!
    STALKER ALERT!!!!!
    STALKER ALERT!!!!!
    STALKER ALERT!!!!!
    STALKER ALERT!!!!!
    STALKER ALERT!!!!!

It's Lardy & Cyril™

It's Lardy & Cyril™
    The T-shirts will be available soon!

The T-shirts will be available soon!
    Sure you can fit all that deflectionary Latin and 40 pt Red bold on one bit of cotton?

You have made the classic mistake of taking the quote from the headline. In the article he did not say

"I would have avoided all lockdowns"

but

“I actually thought we could have avoided all lockdowns if we had been much quicker and set up test and trace as they did in South Korea and Taiwan. Those two places actually didn’t have any lockdowns in 2020.

“That would’ve been my preferred route.”

The bit in bold is important.

This shows that his view was that if we had had test and trace as good as South Korea and Taiwan we could have avoided lockdown.

But we didn't.

So we couldn't.

The devil is in the detail.

Another Captain Hindsight, or is he playing his leadership card, perhaps he should join Starmer