Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
I note we are being primed to expect an inflation rate of 10% before this year's end.

My contact reckons whatever the official manipulated number is at, real inflation will be 25% to 35%. The catalyst being the skyrocketing cost of petrol and diesel. He said don't be surprised should the price of both hit £6 per litre (£26 a gallon) during next winter.

He also forecast bread, milk and a long list of other foodstuffs will quadruple in price by then as the supply chain buckles... what we want but don't need will be affected far less. I daresay a vast number of businesses will close as disposable income retracts at an accelerating rate.

The good news, according to him, is that no nukes will fly and there'll be no WW3. There will though be endless fearmongering about the prospect of both occurring. Instead, the plan is to sustain and prolong the Ukraine-Russia conflict, and should fear subside and selected populations get uppity over the cost of living, expect China to invade Taiwan and perhaps Iran and Israel to exchange ballistic missile strikes.
Your contact seems to have fingers in many pies. What good luck to know an expert in grocery supply chains, macroeconomics, russian nuclear strategy, Chinese foreign policy and even the price of petrol six months down the line!