+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: There's still time to stock up on food and other essentials

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

There's still time to stock up on food and other essentials

Tesco, Asda, etc, do deliveries to customers' front doors for a relatively small cost.

I use Asda the most. There I can order an amazing array of items from milk to a TV remote control. Depending on what time you want an order delivered, it'll cost from one pound to five providing the total order exceeds £40. There's a limit of 10 per whatever item is ordered. There's no limit to how much a total spend is.

https://groceries.asda.com/?cmpid=ah...om-_-nav-_-ghs

Re: There's still time to stock up on food and other essentials

I note we are being primed to expect an inflation rate of 10% before this year's end.

My contact reckons whatever the official manipulated number is at, real inflation will be 25% to 35%. The catalyst being the skyrocketing cost of petrol and diesel. He said don't be surprised should the price of both hit £6 per litre (£26 a gallon) during next winter.

He also forecast bread, milk and a long list of other foodstuffs will quadruple in price by then as the supply chain buckles... what we want but don't need will be affected far less. I daresay a vast number of businesses will close as disposable income retracts at an accelerating rate.

The good news, according to him, is that no nukes will fly and there'll be no WW3. There will though be endless fearmongering about the prospect of both occurring. Instead, the plan is to sustain and prolong the Ukraine-Russia conflict, and should fear subside and selected populations get uppity over the cost of living, expect China to invade Taiwan and perhaps Iran and Israel to exchange ballistic missile strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I note we are being primed to expect an inflation rate of 10% before this year's end.

My contact reckons whatever the official manipulated number is at, real inflation will be 25% to 35%. The catalyst being the skyrocketing cost of petrol and diesel. He said don't be surprised should the price of both hit £6 per litre (£26 a gallon) during next winter.

He also forecast bread, milk and a long list of other foodstuffs will quadruple in price by then as the supply chain buckles... what we want but don't need will be affected far less. I daresay a vast number of businesses will close as disposable income retracts at an accelerating rate.

The good news, according to him, is that no nukes will fly and there'll be no WW3. There will though be endless fearmongering about the prospect of both occurring. Instead, the plan is to sustain and prolong the Ukraine-Russia conflict, and should fear subside and selected populations get uppity over the cost of living, expect China to invade Taiwan and perhaps Iran and Israel to exchange ballistic missile strikes.
    Your contact seems to have fingers in many pies. What good luck to know an expert in grocery supply chains, macroeconomics, russian nuclear strategy, Chinese foreign policy and even the price of petrol six months down the line!

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Your contact seems to have fingers in many pies. What good luck to know an expert in grocery supply chains, macroeconomics, russian nuclear strategy, Chinese foreign policy and even the price of petrol six months down the line!
    tbf the only contact he needs to work out whether Putin and Bush were in the masons or wearing Vietnamese lotus flowers was lenses!

I dont believe any of it until Carl Curtis confirms it.

My contact

There was other stuff too. The economic crisis to hit Africa first to spark mass emigration to Europe. Rolling electricity blackouts in Blighty, Western Europe and North America. An explosion in crime as desperate people struggle to feed themselves and their loved ones.

Well this is terrible news for you, organ.

If you're wrong, you'll look like the world's most gullible idiot. But if you're right, no one's going to be logging on here to read your 'told you so'!

The doomed existence of the soothsayer, eh?

I'm merely passing on info that could be helpful. Should you or anyone else care to discount it then of course that is your and their prerogative.

For a week up until yesterday, as an experiment, I denied myself internet access. I wanted to discern how addicted I was and what difficulties not being online presented. I wouldn't fancy trying to live without electricity for a week. Minus that for a month or less would see society's like this one come apart.

I'm merely passing on info that could be helpful. Should you or anyone else care to discount it then of course that is your and their prerogative.

For a week up until yesterday, as an experiment, I denied myself internet access. I wanted to discern how addicted I was and what difficulties not being online presented. I wouldn't fancy trying to live without electricity for a week. Minus that for a month or less would see society's like this one come apart.
    That must have interfered with your Asda orders. Hope you did a big shop beforehand.

As it happens, it did interfere with my shopping. It was one of several problems which occurred. When I switched this laptop on last night, my mood immediately improved.

Anyhow, black Friday or not, I'll soon be off on a pub crawl. I shall return tomorrow with more happy-clappy messages for your perusal.

What do we want?!

More fearmongering!

When do we want it?!

Tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    tbf the only contact he needs to work out whether Putin and Bush were in the masons or wearing Vietnamese lotus flowers was lenses!
    *Golf clap*

Well the news about no nukes being fired is preferable to the “nukes this Friday” post of a few weeks ago

India, the world's second largest wheat producer, announced yesterday it will severely restrict its export to combat the rising price of it within its borders. With Russia (3) and Ukraine (8) exports diminished too then the price of bread and other wheat-based foodstuffs will increase.

Elsewhere on the Indian subcontinent, there's ructions in Sri Lanka. Their official inflation rate stands at 22%.

(The highest inflation rate recorded in the UK was 26% during WW1 and 25% in 1975.)

Sri Lankan PM Mahinda Rajapaksa quits, family home set on fire https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgL-wIsUk5g

In Sri Lanka, politicians are beaten and stoned by starving people. Coming soon to Europe. https://twitter.com/RadioGenova/stat...62176184467456

Hungry people in Sri Lanka hunt for politicians and journalists while the police are forced to retreat. https://twitter.com/RadioGenova/stat...27619201081346

In Sri Lanka, Anger over the cost of living the public threw politicians' cars into the waters. https://twitter.com/Imposter_Edits/s...78142634676225

Sri Lanka PM Rajapaksa's sons had Rolls Royce, Lamborghini, Ferrari, McLaren etc. See what happened to them yesterday https://twitter.com/JsPalani/status/1524295193175810048

yes seems like the need to stock up on pot noodles increases by each and every passing day !

some inflation figures from around the world reported this week

Greece reports annual inflation of 10.2% in April, the highest since 1995.
    Czech reports annual inflation of 14.2% in April, the highest since 1993.
    India's annual inflation rate rose to 7.79% in April, the highest since 2014.
    China's annual inflation rose to 2.1% in April, the highest rate since last November.
    Denmark's annual inflation rate increased to 6.7% in April, the highest since 1984.
    US annual inflation. March, 2021: 2.6% March, 2022: 8.5%

and today
    Russia suspends electricity supply to Finland

all is not well in the world it seems

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    yes seems like the need to stock up on pot noodles increases by each and every passing day !

some inflation figures from around the world reported this week

Greece reports annual inflation of 10.2% in April, the highest since 1995.
    Czech reports annual inflation of 14.2% in April, the highest since 1993.
    India's annual inflation rate rose to 7.79% in April, the highest since 2014.
    China's annual inflation rose to 2.1% in April, the highest rate since last November.
    Denmark's annual inflation rate increased to 6.7% in April, the highest since 1984.
    US annual inflation. March, 2021: 2.6% March, 2022: 8.5%

and today
    Russia suspends electricity supply to Finland

all is not well in the world it seems
    It sounds like the 2021/22 Conspiracy Theory Ballon D'Or Winner is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It sounds like the 2021/22 Conspiracy Theory Ballon D'Or Winner is going according to plan!
    well this fella finds it funny tho
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXMS5oNQXQc

these people have no shame

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    well this fella finds it funny tho
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXMS5oNQXQc

these people have no shame
    Hahaha, hilarious, I think I'll crack open the champagne and celebrate this wonderful moment with Tito

Hahaha, hilarious, I think I'll crack open the champagne and celebrate this wonderful moment with Tito
    enjoy the moment while you can Wales-Bales

come October we will all be on food/drink rations if Organ Morgan is right !

God I see it now, how could I be so blind?

Your unfailing support for Brexit, ridding the country of the people needed to harvest the crops and vegetables and slaughter our livestock in our time of greatest need.

LoM's slavish encouragement for people to consume as much cake, preferably battenburg, regaling the Monarchy with it's surge on grain and sugar supplies.

You're Schwab's boys aren't you inside a Great Reset Trojan Horse?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Your unfailing support for Brexit, ridding the country of the people needed to harvest the crops and vegetables and slaughter our livestock in our time of greatest need.
    How the hell did we manage before we joined the EU!

How the hell did we manage before we joined the EU!
    Probably the same way you tried to convince your class mates you were really a genius against all odds in 1973. Tempus fugit!

I'm cracking open the champagne as we speak

Whoever is orchestrating this stuff is amping the volume incrementally and with it people's demoralisation.

Sri Lankans have had enough of their politicans blaming the Moscow midget for their rapidly declining living standards.

Perhaps it will be them and others from that region, like Bangladesh whose currency is tumbling in value, rather than Africans, who will be first aboard George Soros' coaches heading towards Western Europe to hasten the collapse of their economies.

I see some Yank commentators are forecasting 'Dieselgeddon' to hit parts of the US within the next fortnight as its energy infrastructure wanes.