+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: There's still time to stock up on food and other essentials

Re: There's still time to stock up on food and other essentials

Deffo controlled demolition. Biden stuck the boot into the US oil industry on his first day in office. That fella isn't in control of his bowel movements never mind anything else. He just signs whatever he's told to and reads a teleprompter occasionally which he usually messes up.

Biden admits gas and food prices aren’t coming down anytime soon - https://nypost.com/2022/06/01/joe-bi...-anytime-soon/

President Biden acknowledged Wednesday that Americans would be feeling the pain from skyrocketing food and gas prices for some time to come Wednesday as consumer costs at the pump hit another new high.

“The idea we’re going to be able to click a switch, bring down the cost of gasoline is not likely in the near term, nor is it with regard to food,” the president told reporters following a White House event with baby formula manufacturers.

As Biden spoke, the average nationwide price of a gallon of gas stood at $4.67, the highest on record, according to AAA.

No country fiddles their official inflation rate quite like the Yanks do.

Their CPI inflation rate stands at around 8% because annual changes to food and energy prices aren't included in their number. Those are what everyone needs to live - save perhaps the homeless re energy - and I think the Shadowstats site which do include those necessities place their real CPI inflation rate at 21%.

It's curious that with the US population at circa 330 million, they can't seem to organise a demo of 50k or more to protest against anything.

Helluva speech given by some Republican candidate hoping to get elected. The problem is, as with all politicians, even if she is sincere then it isn't difficult to buy them off.

WE ARE "FED UP" EPIC SPEECH BY WYOMING CONGRESSIONAL CANDIDATE HARRIET HAGEMAN - https://www.bitchute.com/video/S6EbK43DIzds/

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    In this thread, or a similar one, I mentioned the film Soylent Green (Soylent Green Trailer - https://youtu.be/NB_s47z4EIo).

It has attracted a great deal more attention of late as it is set in the year 2022.

Released in 1973 it stars Charlton Heston. The words 'global warming' were used and Heston's character was sweaty in most scenes.

The plot is about an apocalyptic world in which society is rapidly descending into chaos. About the only food available is the government supplied Soylent Green that the starving fight to get their hands on. What Soylent Green is is a closely guarded secret but most hope and believe it is plankton-based. The viewer learns later it is made from humans who have perished.

Events become so dystopian that Sol, played by Edward G. Robinson, checks into one of the many euthanasia centres that had opened.
    Any man who plays Moses so convincingly is someone to reckon with he was a powerful man ,president of the NRA for many years, surprised he never became American President .

He loved this saying
    "" I'll give you my gun when you pry (or take) it from my cold, dead hands"

Their CPI inflation rate stands at around 8% because annual changes to food and energy prices aren't included in their number. Those are what everyone needs to live - save perhaps the homeless re energy - and I think the Shadowstats site which do include those necessities place their real CPI inflation rate at 21%.

It's curious that with the US population at circa 330 million, they can't seem to organise a demo of 50k or more to protest against anything.
    Don't tell Cyril and John 1959 they think all the worlds woes are down to Biris and Brexit , poor fellas caught in that vacuum of defeat and denial .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Don't tell Cyril and John 1959 they think all the worlds woes are down to Biris and Brexit , poor fellas caught in that vacuum of defeat and denial .
    And you just swallowed what Organ Morgan just told you without even once pondering whether it had an ounce of truth. How sweet.

Any man who plays Moses so convincingly is someone to reckon with he was a powerful man ,president of the NRA for many years, surprised he never became American President .

He loved this saying
    "" I'll give you my gun when you pry (or take) it from my cold, dead hands"
    Apart from the cold dead hands of a dozen children mowed down by some psychopath, cracking saying, LOM. Out of interest how did you know he played Moses convincingly?

I was wrong earlier, Shadowstats estimate real US CPI inflation is currently at 19%, not 21%.

All countries could more than halve their announced CPI inflation number simply by adopting the US methodology by stripping out changes to their energy and food costs.

Before the others jump In I'd just like to shout "bloody Brexit "

Any man who plays Moses so convincingly is someone to reckon with
    what?!

I haven't noticed an appreciable drop in traffic on my travels in spite of the elevated cost of fuel. What will be the price point for petrol and diesel to crush demand? Whatever it is when it's met it'll be hello recession followed by a depression much worse than the 1930s when society will descend into pure chaos.

The catalyst for all this is presently a tiny speck on the world map called Ukraine, or that's what the TV want us to believe.

One of the World Economic Forum's favourite slogans is Build Back Better. It's why they are so intent on destroying this current system.

The tipping point is approaching, boys, when hunger will compel so many to go full retard in the name of self-preservation. Prepare mentally for the day when you have to defend yourself, your property and your precious stash of Pot Noodles.

Two articles related to the ONS cost of living crisis survey which was published earlier.

Over Three Quarters of UK Adults Worried by High Living Costs
    ONS survey shows hardest-hit households have cut spending
    Poorest, disabled, women and parents most concerned of all - https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...h-living-costs

Rise in Britons buying less food due to soaring cost of living - https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/o...a-b999831.html

Yank CPI inflation hit a 41-year high of 8.6% today (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/10/cons...-may-2022.html) while their consumer sentiment number hit an all-time low of 50.2.

There, like here, people are catching on fast that they are about to be squeezed every which way, but most are oblivious that it's all by design.

Inflation destroys nations easier than any other method with the exception of nuclear war.

Noam Chomsky, someone with a lofty reputation, said it himself. We need to be starved into submission.

Other than butter, I haven't noticed a great leap in the price of anything else in my shopping trolley.

Yank discussion forums I visit are filled with threads complaining of prices of all foodstuffs rising 30-50% during the past six months. They are also up in arms about rental costs, plus that of energy of course.

Other than butter, I haven't noticed a great leap in the price of anything else in my shopping trolley.

Yank discussion forums I visit are filled with threads complaining of prices of all foodstuffs rising 30-50% during the past six months. They are also up in arms about rental costs, plus that of energy of course.
    I have.

Just back from the weekly shop and loads of items have jumped up - especially fresh food.

Also agree with a comment you made on another thread - fewer people in the shops than a month ago. 'Cost Of Living Crisis' really biting. However, did a 450 mile round trip a few days ago from South Yorkshire to South Wales via Coventry and Evesham - covering peak and non-peak times, and no sense of fewer cars on the road despite the petrol price going through the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I have.

Just back from the weekly shop and loads of items have jumped up - especially fresh food.

Also agree with a comment you made on another thread - fewer people in the shops than a month ago. 'Cost Of Living Crisis' really biting. However, did a 450 mile round trip a few days ago from South Yorkshire to South Wales via Coventry and Evesham - covering peak and non-peak times, and no sense of fewer cars on the road despite the petrol price going through the roof.
    You're lucky to find any fresh food about. Since Brexit I've found less and less fresh produce available everywhere. I suspect before too long we'll be experiencing Soviet style queues for food shopping. As opposed to Northern Ireland which appears to be coping much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    You're lucky to find any fresh food about. Since Brexit I've found less and less fresh produce available everywhere. I suspect before too long we'll be experiencing Soviet style queues for food shopping. As opposed to Northern Ireland which appears to be coping much better.
    Mention of those, my source who says the crap storm will hit before the end of July at the latest, which I availed here, did refer to price controls being implemented.

Mention of those, my source who says the crap storm will hit before the end of July at the latest, which I availed here, did refer to price controls being implemented.
    July 2022?

Aye, next month. I hope the info is incorrect as a Mad Max world is not something I'd like to experience.

The WEF's Build Back Better sounds an awful lot like Freemasonry's motto of Ordo Ab Chao (order out of chaos).

Aye, next month. I hope the info is incorrect as a Mad Max world is not something I'd like to experience.

The WEF's Build Back Better sounds an awful lot like Freemasonry's motto of Ordo Ab Chao (order out of chaos).
    If the info is incorrect then what happens to your "source"? Will you denounce him/her or continue to drop the truthbombs they give to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    If the info is incorrect then what happens to your "source"? Will you denounce him/her or continue to drop the truthbombs they give to you?
    The silence is deafening.

I'm not biting any longer. I'll reply only for pee-taking purposes.

I read a discussion recently when opinion was split on whether Aisha was 5 or 6 when dirty old Mo married her. What say you?

There was a consensus her defloration occurred when she was 9. I think Jimmy Savile had he been around then might have disapproved.

This forum is weird

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    This forum is weird
    It was a simple question - 5 or 6?

Your reticence is telling.

Hurry up, the silence is deafening.