Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ebou Adams is a Bluebird

Re: Ebou Adams is a Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Our lot should manage that
    You think too highly of them

They struggle to PM you for the stream links

Sounds like the guy is all energy and can put out fires, turn the ball over, but what’s he like technically?

Let’s hope he’s not another Solomon Taiwo

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Don't you use the same sorts of words and phrases regularly? For example people from merthyr say "mental son" a lot, to describe various scenarios.
    Yes of course but not in media interviews.

Anyway …….

FGR messageboard https://forum.fgr.co.uk/latest

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    He has something of a Welsh connection in that he was named after Ebou Vale

Welcome to the crazy world of CCFC

It shows how far expectations have fallen when posters are fawning over a player from League 2. Hopefully he will turn out a.very good signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    It shows how far expectations have fallen when posters are fawning over a player from League 2. Hopefully he will turn out a.very good signing.
    I wouldnt say anyones fawning over him.

Sounds promising, God knows we needed someone in midfield

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Sounds like the guy is all energy and can put out fires, turn the ball over, but what’s he like technically?

Let’s hope he’s not another Solomon Taiwo
    I can guarantee that’s not the case. I think he’ll be a marmite signing, as people will get frustrated when he gives the ball away but he’ll give everything. More of aDon Cowie than a Steve McPhail

Seems he’s regarded as one of, if not the, best midfielders in League 2. Can’t complain about that considering we got him for free.

can't believe FGR let him run down his contract

Loved by Fans, players and coaches, got to say something

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    can't believe FGR let him run down his contract

Loved by Fans, players and coaches, got to say something
    Perhaps his agent has the answer

don't know a lot about the guy, but what I've read since the signing it seems like it could be a decent move.
    we definitely need to be a lot more difficult to play against when we haven't got the ball, and it seems like this guy gives you that.
    whether it's alongside Wintle, or competing with Wintle for a defensive minded midfielder spot we definitely needed another in there who can play that role.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    don't know a lot about the guy, but what I've read since the signing it seems like it could be a decent move.
    we definitely need to be a lot more difficult to play against when we haven't got the ball, and it seems like this guy gives you that.
    whether it's alongside Wintle, or competing with Wintle for a defensive minded midfielder spot we definitely needed another in there who can play that role.
    Whenever I’ve seen him play FGR have played him farther forward. I’d say he’s more of a replacement for Ralls, Vaulks or Bacuna

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    You think too highly of them

They struggle to PM you for the stream links
    Or cleverly avoid sending PMs

Giving someone a nice welcome isn't fawning.

Yet we've had so many fans critical of our approach of not taking more risks on younger talent in the lower divisions while preferring to spend lots on experience that hasn't done the job for us.

MOTM 13 times last season according to Gloucestershire Live. Pretty impressive for a team that won their league.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    MOTM 13 times last season according to Gloucestershire Live. Pretty impressive for a team that won their league.
    thats one of the main points, this FGR team was very good this year, won the league

we have just take one of the teams main players for fook all,

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    thats one of the main points, this FGR team was very good this year, won the league

we have just take one of the teams main players for fook all,
    They very nearly bottled the league, their form at the end of the season was nearly the worst in the table.

Quote Originally Posted by GL1Blue View Post
    They very nearly bottled the league, their form at the end of the season was nearly the worst in the table.
    all went wrong after January I believe

It’s funny how some are having a sly dig at this lad probably never seen him yet devastated Bowen has signed for a midtable league 2 team.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    It’s funny how some are having a sly dig at this lad probably never seen him yet devastated Bowen has signed for a midtable league 2 team.
    Possibly because Sam Bowen is a local lad and the son of a former player who is well-regarded by fans of a certain age and he didn't look out of place in any of his five appearances for City's first team.

As a point of interest, Bowen (aged 21) has already started three games at Championship level, whereas Adams (aged 26) has never played above League Two level.

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing Adams play. I'd genuinely never heard of him until Des Parrot mentioned him last night. His disciplinary record would suggest he's a player who likes to put himself about and the Forest Green fans speak highly of him, so it'll be interesting to see how he performs in the Championship.

i wonder if we can get him to have a word or two with Kane Wilson and get him to join as well.

we need a RWB, he's available on a free and Bristol and Forest are sniffing around.

God do we need a decent midfielder ,fingers crossed along with Wintle we now have two.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    i wonder if we can get him to have a word or two with Kane Wilson and get him to join as well.

we need a RWB, he's available on a free and Bristol and Forest are sniffing around.
    I don’t understand, he would have been my first signing, he’s exactly what we need, the star of FGR and the League 2 player of the year.