+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sam Bowen to Newport

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Sam Bowen to Newport

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Away from Morison and it couldn’t have come a minute sooner. Been treated very shabbily since he returned from injury in January. Season turned into a nightmare for him after breaking through at start of the season.

I could go into detail some of the things that have been done and said to him but it won’t change anything. I just hope it spurs him on to prove people wrong.

Best of luck to him.
    Good luck to him.I didn't really get much of a chance to look at him, but the general consensus seems to be that he's composed and has the ability to make time for himself. I played against his dad a few times during my younger days and was in the same group as him up at Aberystwyth for Wales Schools trials, and came up against him in a couple of reserve games. Fantastic player and a really nice person. Didn't he play for Georgetown? Had a really good side back in the late eighties.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Good luck to him.I didn't really get much of a chance to look at him, but the general consensus seems to be that he's composed and has the ability to make time for himself. I played against his dad a few times during my younger days and was in the same group as him up at Aberystwyth for Wales Schools trials, and came up against him in a couple of reserve games. Fantastic player and a really nice person. Didn't he play for Georgetown? Had a really good side back in the late eighties.
    Yes, Georgetown, the original Merthyr academy. Pembridge, Bowen, Steve Jenkins all come through around that time to have good professional careers, In Pembridge case an excellent career.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Yes, Georgetown, the original Merthyr academy. Pembridge, Bowen, Steve Jenkins all come through around that time to have good professional careers, In Pembridge case an excellent career.
    Jason Bowen should have done more in my opinion. Remember when he went to Southampton in the premier league on loan and did really well. He was just so laid back, loads of natural ability, but nothing seemed to rile him up. Very good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Jason Bowen should have done more in my opinion. Remember when he went to Southampton in the premier league on loan and did really well. He was just so laid back, loads of natural ability, but nothing seemed to rile him up. Very good player.
    Yeah my old man has always said that to him. Should have got more out of his talent. Was too good to be playing 4th tier for us when he did. Dunno what happened at Southampton was told by Dave Jones start house hunting but then come to end of loan and nothing got done permanently.