+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sam Bowen to Newport

Re: Sam Bowen to Newport

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Very unfair to label Bowen in this way without either a shred of evidence or knowing what has gone on. You ay that he featured under Mick, sorry, my memory and observation skills are lacking. Mick might be a few thing, but a fool he is not, if there was one person who would not put up with a poor attitude, then it would be him.
    Yet you appear quite happy to label Morison and the club, without a shred of evidence or knowing what has gone on. Seems a tad hypocritical to me. Believing anything Hartley says is a bit much as well, bearing in mind his one man crusade to discredit anything that Morison does or says. Could it perhaps just be that Bowen is not good enough - just throwing the idea out there. I know its a revolutionary idea but worth considering don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Yet you appear quite happy to label Morison and the club, without a shred of evidence or knowing what has gone on. Seems a tad hypocritical to me. Believing anything Hartley says is a bit much as well, bearing in mind his one man crusade to discredit anything that Morison does or says. Could it perhaps just be that Bowen is not good enough - just throwing the idea out there. I know its a revolutionary idea but worth considering don't you think?
    Where have I had a go at Morison or the club in my post? I am referring to people on the internet spreading rumours over Bowen's supposed poor attitude. You've been hitting the rough quite a lot lately. Sort your swing out mate!

A few months ago there was a thread on here about which of the youngsters would be the most likely to make it, and I said, based on ability alone, it would be Bowen.

Im clearly not as privy to the inner workings of the club as some on here, but of the rumours I have heard, it seems that Bowen's problems are not related to his ability.

In Bellamy's interview with VFTN about the youngsters, he did mention that Bowen has always had a tendency to not push himself and take the easy route. And this seems to be the basis of most of the rumours going around.

Whatever the case, it's a shame for the club. Hopefully Eli King can continue to kick on and develop into a Championship level player.

I'd say that the majority of things labeled towards the manager have been on his media appearances or tactics, which is quite evidential when forming an opinion, whether right or wrong. Some people saying that Bowen had a poor attitude without any evidence to back it up is just wrong. If people want to form an opinion based on Bowen's performances, then fair enough.
    I was referring to whatnpeoples opinions are of him based on Bowen, nobody knows what's happened between the two of them.

For what it's worth I did want Bowen to succeed here as well and had a moan when Doyle came in Jan as I thought he was blocking his pathway to the team..someone put me.straight saying they were different types of player.

People close to the player will take his side, they'll hear from him his side of events etc. I think he could have kept his head down and got on with it and not blamed the manager. He's going to have other managers in his career and they aren't all going to be holding out the red carpet for him, but he still needs to make a career for himself. These managers won't go away..so he needs to change.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post

In Bellamy's interview with VFTN about the youngsters, he did mention that Bowen has always had a tendency to not push himself and take the easy route. And this seems to be the basis of most of the rumours going around.
    And instead of going to league 1 he's gone to James Rowberry in league 2. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I was referring to whatnpeoples opinions are of him based on Bowen, nobody knows what's happened between the two of them.

For what it's worth I did want Bowen to succeed here as well and had a moan when Doyle came in Jan as I thought he was blocking his pathway to the team..someone put me.straight saying they were different types of player.

People close to the player will take his side, they'll hear from him his side of events etc. I think he could have kept his head down and got on with it and not blamed the manager. He's going to have other managers in his career and they aren't all going to be holding out the red carpet for him, but he still needs to make a career for himself. These managers won't go away..so he needs to change.
    Yup, nobody really knows what has gone on between the manager and the player, but I don't think that anyone has had a personal dig at Morison for Bowen's lack of games or the fact that he is moving on, although I'm prepared to be corrected on that score.

Yup, nobody really knows what has gone on between the manager and the player, but I don't think that anyone has had a personal dig at Morison for Bowen's lack of games or the fact that he is moving on, although I'm prepared to be corrected on that score.
    It is being insinuated that Morison isn't the nicest of people, hence one lad leaving and loads of youth staying.

It is being insinuated that Morison isn't the nicest of people, hence one lad leaving and loads of youth staying.
    Is it? So you reckon that people are thinking that this is a spiteful move from Morison and that certain people are twisting it that way?

That opinion of SM isn’t based on nothing though, he’s done a lot of interviews, press conferences etc and 90% of the time comes across as a bit spiky and not always pleasant. Which is fine, we don’t have to love him but also with that, when things like this or a personality clash happens it’s difficult to immediately assume he’s blameless.

Not saying he’s to blame here by the way, I don’t know what happened. All I do know is that Bowen looked like a very tidy prospect in the few games he played, up there with Colwill and Davies (although Davies especially has pushed on since) and it’s a shame that a young midfielder who knew what to do with the ball couldn’t be managed

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    A few months ago there was a thread on here about which of the youngsters would be the most likely to make it, and I said, based on ability alone, it would be Bowen.

Im clearly not as privy to the inner workings of the club as some on here, but of the rumours I have heard, it seems that Bowen's problems are not related to his ability.

Whatever the case, it's a shame for the club. Hopefully Eli King can continue to kick on and develop into a Championship level player.
    I think the tendancy not to push themselves is a big thing for Morison, probably largely influenced by how his own career stuttered and then came back.

several of the other youngsters continued to work hard and improve, even when they were dropped back to the U23s, and came back stronger, perhaps Bowen knowing that he was at least as talented as the other players who were breaking through, thought he was also a shoe in, but didn't respond as well to Morison's direct personality or being dropped back to the U23s.

he definitely has talent though, and perhaps a different manager will be able to get the best out of him, could be that their personalities just don't suit each other

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    That opinion of SM isn’t based on nothing though, he’s done a lot of interviews, press conferences etc and 90% of the time comes across as a bit spiky and not always pleasant. Which is fine, we don’t have to love him but also with that, when things like this or a personality clash happens it’s difficult to immediately assume he’s blameless.

Not saying he’s to blame here by the way, I don’t know what happened. All I do know is that Bowen looked like a very tidy prospect in the few games he played, up there with Colwill and Davies (although Davies especially has pushed on since) and it’s a shame that a young midfielder who knew what to do with the ball couldn’t be managed
    I think he is straight talking with not much personality, yes.

Bowen did look tidy and I'm.one that's sad that he hasn't seemed to make it here, but I think looking at other posts, the one where Bellamy says something like he takes the easy option, I don't think we can put the blame solely on SM.

Maybe his personality made it difficult for Bowen to get on with or he may have taken him the wrong way, I have a supervisor at work that has zero people skills but I still have to do things as he asks and when he asks me, I think he is quite demanding too, maybe that didn't go down well with Bowen, who, as it has been said, doesn't seem to really challenge himself.

I am off shopping. Teenagers eh. Primark here we come. Yay. On that note, have a lovely Saturday.

Is it? So you reckon that people are thinking that this is a spiteful move from Morison and that certain people are twisting it that way?
    Well aye.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think the tendancy not to push themselves is a big thing for Morison, probably largely influenced by how his own career stuttered and then came back.

several of the other youngsters continued to work hard and improve, even when they were dropped back to the U23s, and came back stronger, perhaps Bowen knowing that he was at least as talented as the other players who were breaking through, thought he was also a shoe in, but didn't respond as well to Morison's direct personality or being dropped back to the U23s.

he definitely has talent though, and perhaps a different manager will be able to get the best out of him, could be that their personalities just don't suit each other
    What he said.

Putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5. No youngster should have to put up with what amounts to bullying regardless of the managers direct personality and just because it’s the football industry.

It’s 2022 and I would like to see your reaction should should your daughter be treated the way Bowen was by a manager when she enters the work place. I dare say it will be different to “toughen up old bean”.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

What went on between them was way before he come back from injury and there has been a problem since then. Regardless of how he did in his return he was never going to feature under Morison and maybe his below par performances for under 23s had something to do with the niggling injury, who knows. Having your belongings thrown out of the first team dressing room you’d been part of all season and back into the under 23s one morning with no prior explanation is a piss poor way of treating someone too, not least a young player who had just broken into the seniors. But hey maybe he should just toughen up.

And instead of going to league 1 he's gone to James Rowberry in league 2. Interesting.
    Because Rowberry showed the most desire and has made it clear he is key to the side he wants to build at Newport. Would that be the case at league one club? I doubt it, not for a 21 year old player with just 5 senior appearances.

Sometimes you got to go a step back to go forward. The lad we’ve just signed from FGR had to drop into non league and work his way back up the levels after being released from a championship club with no senior appearances.

I won't comment about the Bowen situation as I know nothing about it, but what makes me laugh is when people describe Morison as straight-talking. The truth is, like many managers, he talks utter nonsense at times.

Upon signing Ebou Adams, Morison stated: "I said I was going to change the dynamic of the group. I wanted to change what you see from the players characteristic wise and he fits the bill."

If that is Morison talking straight, God help us when he goes off on a tangent.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I won't comment about the Bowen situation as I know nothing about it, but what makes me laugh is when people describe Morison as straight-talking. The truth is, like many managers, he talks utter nonsense at times.

Upon signing Ebou Adams, Morison stated: "I said I was going to change the dynamic of the group. I wanted to change what you see from the players characteristic wise and he fits the bill."

Maybe slightly clumsy use of language but I think it's obvious what he means here isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Maybe slightly clumsy use of language but I think it's obvious what he means here isn't it?
    Is it? Not to me. What do you think he means?

What’s your beef with Morison mate? Genuine question

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    What’s your beef with Morison mate? Genuine question
    I don't have one really. I think his achievements as a manager so far have been greatly exaggerated, not least by the man himself, and I don't find him in any way likeable, but I don't have any particular beef with him. In fact, I find him amusing.

Is it? Not to me. What do you think he means?
    Hes saying he wants to bring in players who have different characteristics and strengths. Thats clear. By that i would guess (and hope) he is saying we need players more dynamic who can do the basics, want to improve and who play with a smile on their face is what i assume he is getting at.

Everyone who has watched cardiff at all for the last 4 years would say we desperately need players with better character. Some leaders wouldn't go amiss either.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Hes saying he wants to bring in players who have different characteristics and strengths. Thats clear. By that i would guess (and hope) he is saying we need players more dynamic who can do the basics, want to improve and who play with a smile on their face is what i assume he is getting at.

Everyone who has watched cardiff at all for the last 4 years would say we desperately need players with better character. Some leaders wouldn't go amiss either.
    It was 'Football' speak, although it didn't make much sense. I reckon that it's obvious what he is after. Players who will run themselves into the ground, press, press, press, force the opposition and squeeze them so hard that they submit He's after work rate and shape, and for players to know their jobs without a great deal of deviation in play. I'm also certain that it isn't going to be about 'football' only in the correct areas. The emphasis is on discipline and work rate. That's how i see it.

It was 'Football' speak, although it didn't make much sense. I reckon that it's obvious what he is after. Players who will run themselves into the ground, press, press, press, force the opposition and squeeze them so hard that they submit He's after work rate and shape, and for players to know their jobs without a great deal of deviation in play. I'm also certain that it isn't going to be about 'football' only in the correct areas. The emphasis is on discipline and work rate. That's how i see it.
    Yep spot on. Energy. Quite similar to early malky days perhaps as we had always had a whitts or a kimbo under malky but identity was clear.

I don't have one really. I think his achievements as a manager so far have been greatly exaggerated, not least by the man himself, and I don't find him in any way likeable, but I don't have any particular beef with him. In fact, I find him amusing.
    Fair enough haha. Let’s hope he can change your opinion next season 😇