+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cricket has turned bollocks

Re: Cricket has turned bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I loved the days of the west indies , Australia and India showing the colonial toffs led by Mike Brearley and his lot a good lathering

Kapil Dev , Dennis Lilley, Andy Roberts , all fantastic , ergonomic bowling actions

Collis King coming in at number 7 and smashing everyone around the ground

Pitch invasions by hundreds of rastas at Lords

Lovely stuff

Now it's all boring

I gave up on cricket years ago to be honest
    agree used to be nailed to the TV watching test cricket as a kid and the West Indies/Australia were box office stuff back then

My favourite player who I regard as certainly the best fielder of his generation and wasn't a bad batsman either too !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzgrAiUt_DY

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    agree used to be nailed to the TV watching test cricket as a kid and the West Indies/Australia were box office stuff back then

My favourite player who I regard as certainly the best fielder of his generation and wasn't a bad batsman either too !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzgrAiUt_DY
    Great fielder

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    I was looking at the England fixtures earlier this evening for this summer. It is just match after match after match. There must be an England game in one format or another from basically the week after next until the end of September.

The uniqueness of a test match has been lost in the circus of 20/20 and what now seems another longer format the 50 overs game.

I think there’s a case of going to the well to often. Such a shame as to me it’s always been my number one sport.
    Anything other than 5 day cricket seems like football's equivalent of 5-a-side. It's funny how the short [and even shorter] game is perceived by most as being more 'interesting' and less boring. I remember when I started watching County cricket and then Test Cricket on TV and my dad saying 'there's always something going on'. A change of bowling, change of field positions, bowlers trying something different, all the myriad of different batting strokes and balls bowled. The match going one way, then the other. The short game[s] are just the same old boring, defensive bowing, with a slash at anything that is slightly off target. Lots of runs and hitting, but bores the life out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Test cricket is still the dogs bollocks
    Put the test in testosterone

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    Put the test in testosterone
    Very good 👍👍

another great from the cricket world has passed today

https://www.news.com.au/sport/cricke...bb691a73718619

International

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    another great from the cricket world has passed today

https://www.news.com.au/sport/cricke...bb691a73718619
    Did he pass or just try to and failed?

I still love cricket its a pity test match cricket isn't free on the BBC.
    My dad lived in a council flat in London and used to go and watch at Lords and the oval ,my love of the game came from him.
    He saw England win back the ashes after the war at the oval I think it was 1951.