Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
For me, it’s akin to watching a Wales rugby autumn international against one of New Zealand, Australia or South Africa. Games against those three used to be events to look forward to, but down the years they’ve become stale and I tend to give them a miss now. Leicester winning it last year was good, but it’s same old, same old - there was a time I’d know this without having to look it up, but I find myself wondering if our Final fourteen years ago was the last time at least one of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Man City were not in the Final?

Just looked it up, there’s been one - Man United v Palace in 15/16.
Also do you not think that shows how special our cup run was? While it is good fun it would devalue the competition if a lower half championship side got to the final every year. Its only good when it happens as its so rare.

While it may be annoying to some teams like Liverpool and man city try and win the cup as well as the league the alternative would be them not giving a crap about the Cup. We should celebrate the fact the FA Cup lives on and the big teams do care. If they stopped doing so that would be the end of it.