+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FA Cup Final

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FA Cup Final

Bbc 1 is wall to wall fa Cup all day. What are people asking for? It's top class football on free to air.

Strange how people say they don't want to watch Liverpool Chelsea and all the top teams playing each other again with the top teams dominating the Cup.
    However you can be sure if milwall were in the final today people would be saying the top teams don't take it seriously anymore. They can't win.

Today is 2 of the 3 best teams around playing each other on free to air. OK if you have sky and bt etc it may be boring but fact is most people don't. Enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Bbc 1 is wall to wall fa Cup all day. What are people asking for? It's top class football on free to air.

Strange how people say they don't want to watch Liverpool Chelsea and all the top teams playing each other again with the top teams dominating the Cup.
    However you can be sure if milwall were in the final today people would be saying the top teams don't take it seriously anymore. They can't win.

Today is 2 of the 3 best teams around playing each other on free to air. OK if you have sky and bt etc it may be boring but fact is most people don't. Enjoy it.
    Hear hear! Great post. This inverse football snobbery cracks me up.

"Oh, I don't like watching the top teams, I'd rather watch Mansfield v Northampton." Well good for you. Along with millions of others, I'd rather watch some of the very best players in the world playing in a cup final.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post

For me, it’s akin to watching a Wales rugby autumn international against one of New Zealand, Australia or South Africa. Games against those three used to be events to look forward to, but down the years they’ve become stale and I tend to give them a miss now. Leicester winning it last year was good, but it’s same old, same old - there was a time I’d know this without having to look it up, but I find myself wondering if our Final fourteen years ago was the last time at least one of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Man City were not in the Final?

Just looked it up, there’s been one - Man United v Palace in 15/16.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    For me, it’s akin to watching a Wales rugby autumn international against one of New Zealand, Australia or South Africa. Games against those three used to be events to look forward to, but down the years they’ve become stale and I tend to give them a miss now. Leicester winning it last year was good, but it’s same old, same old - there was a time I’d know this without having to look it up, but I find myself wondering if our Final fourteen years ago was the last time at least one of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, and Man City were not in the Final?
    If you add Man Utd to the list, then ours was the only one without at least one of the five since Spurs v Forest in 91.