+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The one and only time I’ll mention bloody Eurovision on here.

The one and only time I’ll mention bloody Eurovision on here.

How come Ireland, who I heard has, historically, the best record of any country in the event, has to qualify for the Final and the UK, whose entries tend to be a source of National and international embarrassment every year, don’t?

Re: The one and only time I’ll mention bloody Eurovision on here.

I don’t know! Who cares??

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    How come Ireland, who I heard has, historically, the best record of any country in the event, has to qualify for the Final and the UK, whose entries tend to be a source of National and international embarrassment every year, don’t?
    Because there's about 5 or 6 countries, including the UK, who pay for it every year, so don't have to qualify.

The UK are part of the “Big 5”. They are countries that provide the most funding towards the European Broadcasting Union, of which Eurovision is a programme the EBU produces.

Therefore since qualification started, caused by the growth in countries joining the EBU and therefore Eurovision, the Big 5 are excused qualification and go straight through to the final.

Which is fair, seeing as they pay for it.

And what a day ahead. FA Cup Final AND Eurovision!!

Gonna be a belter. And there is not an ounce of cynical sarcasm in that statement, can’t wait. Best day of the year 🇪🇺🇬🇧🎶🎵

That uk entry looks like a failed pub singer

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    No, a street singer..

https://youtu.be/OuK18Q1zNIg
    Talking absolute bollox again son..

Heard him and the song for the first time yesterday, I was quite surprised, I though the song was ok and the singer had a decent voice.

Second favourite to a mediocre Ukrainian act.

If you don’t like it don’t listen

He’s a Metal fan Sludge.

Shall I put my house car and family on Ukraine winning?
    Virtue signalling makes it favourite I think

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

I’m just surprised there’s something Sludge doesn’t like, he’s usually so tolerant of other people’s interests

Complete waste of time. Too political nowadays. It’s all worked out before the first song is sung. I wouldn’t waste any of your valuable leisure time on it.

You don’t have to apologise for starting a thread.
    For what it’s worth, the UK entry this yr is a decent song and the singer has a great vocal range imo.
    Sod what everyone else thinks about the topic. Be your own man.

The voting's actually been a lot less political in the last few years. You used to know that Serbia would give 12 to Croatia and vice versa, Greece and Cyprus, Norway and Sweden etc, but not so much now.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    https://youtu.be/OuK18Q1zNIg
    Talking absolute bollox again son..
    Well when it comes to talking bollocks tell me about that black female athlete you KNEW for a fact was using the race card .....despite a number of coppers being up on charges

I am all ears

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

I listened

It was shite

The end

At some point there will be an act comprising of metal and lycra. Thought that was your sort of thing?

Well when it comes to talking bollocks tell me about that black female athlete you KNEW for a fact was using the race card .....despite a number of coppers being up on charges

I am all ears
    What the hell are you talking about? You really do need to get a job. It’ll help with your mental health and give you some focus in life 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    The voting's actually been a lot less political in the last few years. You used to know that Serbia would give 12 to Croatia and vice versa, Greece and Cyprus, Norway and Sweden etc, but not so much now.
    When voting was by jury only a lot of the votes were more predictable. Now that the public can also vote its alot less so.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffster View Post
    The UK are part of the “Big 5”. They are countries that provide the most funding towards the European Broadcasting Union, of which Eurovision is a programme the EBU produces.

Therefore since qualification started, caused by the growth in countries joining the EBU and therefore Eurovision, the Big 5 are excused qualification and go straight through to the final.

Which is fair, seeing as they pay for it.

And what a day ahead. FA Cup Final AND Eurovision!!

Gonna be a belter. And there is not an ounce of cynical sarcasm in that statement, can’t wait. Best day of the year ������������
    Thanks to you and Bloop for clarifying things. I think my hatred of all things Eurovision stems from being forced to watch our entry in 1966 as a ten year old as a punishment for some long forgotten misdemeanour- it had a traumatic effect on me and I don’t think I’ve ever fully recovered from it.

We used to love it as kids growing up.
    Feck the music, was all about the scores.
    Power to all our friends, Cliff-tastic!

We always seemed to be in with a shout of winning it, until in recent years being all political. Perhaps it was back then too.

Apparently we are one of the favourites to win it this year.

It's not a bad song but has anything really changed, especially politically, to warrant the optimism?

What the hell are you talking about? You really do need to get a job. It’ll help with your mental health and give you some focus in life 👍
    Well I have a job xx

Just after the black lives matter stuff all kicked off you said that you were a black man and were sick and tired of us whiteys trying to fight your battles . You said that the stop and search of a UK black athlete, her partner and their little baby by the metropolitan police was clearly a case of her playing the race card and of liberal white types jumping in feet first . I have a few black friends and maybe we move in different circles but you seemed to be doing a very good job of defending police brutality which given your apparent background was very odd . Sean Bailey the Conservative wannabee mp is the same sort of ilk . Recently several metropolitan police officers have been charged over those wrongful stop and searches . So either us liberal snowflake types were wrong or you were .

Well I have a job xx

Just after the black lives matter stuff all kicked off you said that you were a black man and were sick and tired of us whiteys trying to fight your battles . You said that the stop and search of a UK black athlete, her partner and their little baby by the metropolitan police was clearly a case of her playing the race card and of liberal white types jumping in feet first . I have a few black friends and maybe we move in different circles but you seemed to be doing a very good job of defending police brutality which given your apparent background was very odd . Sean Bailey the Conservative wannabee mp is the same sort of ilk . Recently several metropolitan police officers have been charged over those wrongful stop and searches . So either us liberal snowflake types were wrong or you were .
    No 1. I don’t know what the fu*k you’re on about.
    No 2. Why did you think of bringing up all that guff on this thread and another thread?
    No 3. You seem to think you’re an expert on every topic under the sun, and anything you post is gospel, where in reality you are a washed up little fart who appears to get offended on behalf of others on a daily basis.

No 1. I don’t know what the fu*k you’re on about.
    No 2. Why did you think of bringing up all that guff on this thread and another thread?
    No 3. You seem to think you’re an expert on every topic under the sun, and anything you post is gospel, where in reality you are a washed up little fart who appears to get offended on behalf of others on a daily basis.
    Well that's all very romantic but it's exactly what you said in the summer of 2020

I am afraid its you who talk guff , you have been at it the last few days with your cobblers about the trust . You are a stooge .