+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sheffield v Forest

Re: Sheffield v Forest

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    C’mon Dave, that’s got bugger all to do with it. This thread was titled Sheffield v Forest, it has no relevance to how the City did this season did against either of them. You’ve let yourself down here when you’re normally a lot sharper with your comments.
    Lolz

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Sheff Utd being made to look exactly what they are - an ageing, slow, team. Six players over 30 in team.
    they've struggled for a decent striker for years, and some of the key members of their defence are ageing now, bit Gibbs-White and Berge is as good as any central midfield pairing in the division IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    they've struggled for a decent striker for years, and some of the key members of their defence are ageing now, bit Gibbs-White and Berge is as good as any central midfield pairing in the division IMO
    If football was only about attacking yes, but they’re not the best going the other way - their back three had little protection yesterday, Fleck doesn’t look the player he was lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Oi! Des was a player back in the day, between the sticks though, which makes him a bit odd in my opinion. Sorry Des
    No offence taken. I was never good enough to play elsewhere but did a decent job between the sticks.

Back to the original point. James has loads of pace but is a poor finisher. Johnson offers more options. I’d start with Johnson and bring James on when the defence starts to tire.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Back to the original point. James has loads of pace but is a poor finisher. Johnson offers more options. I’d start with Johnson and bring James on when the defence starts to tire.
    I agree with this assessment, but playing both of them offers a better left/right balance. James, Bale & Johnson are also capable of playing across the front line, which allows for an in game interchange of positions. This suits Bale as he likes to drift wide left and right, and Johnson is adept at playing in the space between the fullback and centre half, as well as going outside or down the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I agree with this assessment, but playing both of them offers a better left/right balance. James, Bale & Johnson are also capable of playing across the front line, which allows for an in game interchange of positions. This suits Bale as he likes to drift wide left and right, and Johnson is adept at playing in the space between the fullback and centre half, as well as going outside or down the middle.
    Not putting Kieffer back in then?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Not putting Kieffer back in then?
    It's a tough one, as he forces us to play in a different style. He's good to bring on later in the game though, if a more direct approach is required.

I would keep Johnson on the right for his positive shot/touch ratio. Yesterday he had 6 shots (3 blocked) from 41 touches, which won him the Man of the Match award. The graphic below details his versatility and movement in the box for those 6 goal attempts.

Shots.jpg

Regarding James on the left, I think Matondo would be a natural replacement if his form warranted selection, and there is also Sorba. It's good to have these selection problems, as it shows our squad depth is improving.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I would keep Johnson on the right for his positive shot/touch ratio. Yesterday he had 6 shots (3 blocked) from 41 touches, which won him the Man of the Match award. The graphic below details his versatility and movement in the box for those 6 goal attempts.

Shots.jpg

Regarding James on the left, I think Matondo would be a natural replacement if his form warranted selection, and there is also Sorba. It's good to have these selection problems, as it shows our squad depth is improving.
    I must say I do like your Welsh football posts almost as much as I dislike your "other" ones

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I must say I do like your Welsh football posts almost as much as I dislike your "other" ones
    You'll come around eventually, you just don't know it yet