+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Cost Of Living Crisis

Re: Cost Of Living Crisis

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I gave a very simple example which you either could not comprehend or chose to misrepresent.

350 Turkish lira is less than twenty quid, while 700k of the same currency is around 33 thousand pounds.

Factor in how long it would take to earn those two sums and the timeframe to accumulate their original wealth. When you have you might be able to conclude just why Asif would have a face down to his arse, as Ahmed yawns and shrugs about his loss.
    Absolutely no context given to what jobs these people have in order to gauge how long it would take to accumulate wealth.

Considering one of them has the equivalent of £20 to their name and the other has over £30k in savings, I'm guessing one of them is going to struggle to recoup their losses more than the other*

*It's not the one who has £30k in savings.

I gave a very simple example which you either could not comprehend or chose to misrepresent.

350 Turkish lira is less than twenty quid, while 700k of the same currency is around 33 thousand pounds.

Factor in how long it would take to earn those two sums and the timeframe to accumulate their original wealth. When you have you might be able to conclude just why Asif would have a face down to his arse, as Ahmed yawns and shrugs about his loss.
    I neither have the time, or the crayons, to explain why your thinking is muddled.

It's not a difficult concept. Guess how long it would likely take to acquire a million versus 500 then the time it would take, perhaps using hours worked, to be able to rebuild that lost wealth.

Mention of fish and chip shops being among the first to go belly up. It's begun.

Lancashire chippy once named in UK's top 10 closes down as costs continue to surge - https://www.lancs.live/news/cost-of-...d-uks-24166490
    " The reason for the closure has not been disclosed".

The 1st thing any business will do in face of increased costs is pass those costs onto their customers. If they lose too much business as a result, they'll probably close, but unless these owners have some sort of altruistic reason for not increasing prices, then they have closed for other reasons.

Looking at the carnage in stock markets today I think we may have entered a new stage of the collapse. Bitcoin hit an all-time high of $68k last November, today it's at $23k having bombed 12% during the past 24 hours.

Looking at the carnage in stock markets today I think we may have entered a new stage of the collapse. Bitcoin hit an all-time high of $68k last November, today it's at $23k having bombed 12% during the past 24 hours.
    Bitcoin isn't the stock market.

FTSE today, down 1.5%. Down 2.8% over the last month. Down 0.3% over the last 6 months.

It's a bear market. This is nothing compared to march 2020.

Not good, but also hardly the end of civilisation.

Today's action portend breathtaking events. You've been given the SP - between now and the end of next month - for when things go tits up. Russia-Ukraine has become old hat, fewer and fewer people buy it's the real cause of them having to pay more for everything. Perhaps China attacking Taiwan or Israel versus Iran is the next scripted event.

The latter would provide the perfect pretext to close the Strait of Hormuz and send the oil price skyward. The mammoth Israeli Chariots of Fire military drill provides a clue that that scenario comes next.

In the last 2 hours news has broken that Libya has shut down almost all oil production and Ukraine has banned the export of anthracite, coal, fuel oil and domestically produced natural gas.

Looks like we're in trouble !

Today's action portend breathtaking events. You've been given the SP - between now and the end of next month - for when things go tits up. Russia-Ukraine has become old hat, fewer and fewer people buy it's the real cause of them having to pay more for everything. Perhaps China attacking Taiwan or Israel versus Iran is the next scripted event.

The latter would provide the perfect pretext to close the Strait of Hormuz and send the oil price skyward. The mammoth Israeli Chariots of Fire military drill provides a clue that that scenario comes next.
    Having attended inter-governmental meetings quite a few times I do find it amusing that they are all supposedly working together in an overarching conspiracy when some of them refuse to talk to each other, sit next to each other or, in some cases, not even be in the same room at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

FTSE today, down 1.5%. Down 2.8% over the last month. Down 0.3% over the last 6 months.

Bitcoin falling like a stone is a general sign that investors are de-risking. But it is also the most manipulated asset/market in the history of planet earth too so it's hard to use it as a guide to anything.

Is Betfred putting odds put there yet ??

I fancy a convincing Israel win after extra time, and China to progress to the nuclear stage after a replay where Joe bottles it .

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    In the last 2 hours news has broken that Libya has shut down almost all oil production and Ukraine has banned the export of anthracite, coal, fuel oil and domestically produced natural gas.

If us being in trouble you’re weirdly happy about it, I just cannot get my head around you internet crisis fanboys

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

Bloody Boris FFS who voted for this fella any decent politician could and should easily navigate in thier sleep , Brexit , Pandemic , War in Ukraine global recession , Fuel price spike ..

No wonder he had a glass or two .

Bet he's miffed he didn't get any Arsenal free tickets like Sir Kier cost of living is hurting everyone even Kier .

Nah, Lardy said it's all good, and Lardy is always right.

PS Get your money out of the bank now!

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    If us being in trouble you’re weirdly happy about it, I just cannot get my head around you internet crisis fanboys
    It's people like you who allowed it to happen, i.e. the clueless majority who take pleasure in ridiculing those who have been sounding the alarm bells for quite some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

I would if i had any

i,m more worried about stuffing my face come October but if organs contact is right could be before then !

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Bloody Boris FFS who voted for this fella any decent politician could and should easily navigate in thier sleep , Brexit , Pandemic , War in Ukraine global recession , Fuel price spike ..

No wonder he had a glass or two .

Bet he's miffed he didn't get any Arsenal free tickets like Sir Kier cost of living is hurting everyone even Kier .
    How many glasses have you had Life on Mars?

A life tipple for you: take a breath between sips & typing. Your posts may become more legible if you try it. Thank me later.

I would if i had any

i,m more worried about stuffing my face come October but if organs contact is right could be before then !
    Organ's "contact" somehow knows something that nobody else in the world does. A guy from Cardiff who lives for conspiracy and posts on a Cardiff City forum several times a day has a contact who can predict armageddon to the exact month.

Sometimes I feel like the crazy on here is too much for me and then posts like this keep me coming back.

Glad I jumped from *****' board when I did

It's people like you who allowed it to happen, i.e. the clueless majority who take pleasure in ridiculing those who have been sounding the alarm bells for quite some time now.
    Pretty sure I had very little say in Libya's approach to its oil production.

Also, and I've asked you this before but you didn't reply - if as you say "us clueless majority" allow whatever you consider "this" is to happen, what have you been doing? Apart from posting about it on a subsection of a football messageboard?

Be a trifle merciful towards Lardy.

He's sat there with a Sky remote control in his mitt most days switching between the Cartoon Network and CBBC channels. It's little wonder he's not familiar with world events.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Some of us are trying to raise awareness and urging visitors at this forum to prepare as best they are able. Naturally, whether they choose to pay heed is their choice. At a post directed at you a few days ago I acknowledged most of us, me included, are in the crosshairs. Of course, I don't welcome the prospect of a blown-out economy and holding a rapidly depreciating currency and the resulting pandemonium.

I understand why you don't believe, or don't dare to believe, that what we're experiencing is by design and our government, as are all others worldwide, is in the pocket of a higher authority that is determined to have its way by collapsing this system to ensure people suffer to such an extreme extent that those who are still around will meekly accept the solution offered to alleviate their suffering.

Today it's next to impossible to imagine the common man will gratefully sacrifice everything they own in return for promised security and a life of serfdom in some world government workhouse by another name.

Be a trifle merciful towards Lardy.

He's sat there with a Sky remote control in his mitt most days switching between the Cartoon Network and CBBC channels. It's little wonder he's not familiar with world events.
    Don't forget GB News

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    Don't forget GB News
    Crikey, one more mention of GB News from you and I'll politely request you change your username to Tito the Parrot.

Crikey, one more mention of GB News from you and I'll politely request you change your username to Tito the Parrot.
    One more mention of Cyril or Lardy and you'll have to start paying Wales Bales some royalties.

Some of us are trying to raise awareness and urging visitors at this forum to prepare as best they are able. Naturally, whether they choose to pay heed is their choice. At a post directed at you a few days ago I acknowledged most of us, me included, are in the crosshairs. Of course, I don't welcome the prospect of a blown-out economy and holding a rapidly depreciating currency and the resulting pandemonium.

I understand why you don't believe, or don't dare to believe, that what we're experiencing is by design and our government, as are all others worldwide, is in the pocket of a higher authority that is determined to have its way by collapsing this system to ensure people suffer to such an extreme extent that those who are still around will meekly accept the solution offered to alleviate their suffering.

Today it's next to impossible to imagine the common man will gratefully sacrifice everything they own in return for promised security and a life of serfdom in some world government workhouse by another name.
    If you were a bit more reliable in your warnings then maybe we’d believe you more, it’s not that long ago you were saying Covid was designed to only kill Chinese people and it’s an ever shorter time ago you posted a link “as a warning” to a guy that was saying that Russia were going to nuke us that Friday.

Now you’re saying that coats will cost thousands in less than 6 weeks and you’re surprised when we question it