+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cost Of Living Crisis

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cost Of Living Crisis

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Classic case here in media fuelled misinformation, the result being fury and misunderstanding.

What she is talking about is the cases where people are prevented from earning more even if they move to a higher paid job or work extra hours, because that leads to a corresponding loss in benefits - I know numerous people in this circumstance, who have time spare, but it is not worth them working extra as it impacts on Universal Credit.

My ex partner is in that exact situation. I am in a different but related position, where I have quite a few evenings free without my kids and would happily work extra hours, but I am unsure of the tax implications - things like this could and should be simplified to encourage people to earn a little extra where they can.

Of course, this is why cash in hand work exists, but the point is still valid.

People should stop wilfully misinterpreting what people say. We saw the exact same last week with Lee Anderson MP.
    Agreed, please stop willfully misinterpreting what Tory MPs say.

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    OK mate

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    You know what I am saying is correct here.

People have dislikes, be it towards ideologies, political parties, races, religions, and the internet is full of people justifying those dislikes by often purposefully misinterpreting what people have said.

You can tolerate it all you like, but you are only fuelling conflict