+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cost Of Living Crisis

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cost Of Living Crisis

The most someone with £500 can lose is £500.

I remarked in another thread Turkey's annual inflation rate is 70%. Asif with a million lira tucked away has lost 700k of his wealth, while Ahmed who has 500 lira to his name has lost 350 lira of his. They both lost an identical percentage of their purchasing power but who do you think has the longest face?

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

I remarked in another thread Turkey's annual inflation rate is 70%. Asif with a million lira tucked away has lost 700k of his wealth, while Ahmed who has 500 lira to his name has lost 350 lira of his. They both lost an identical percentage of their purchasing power but who do you think has the longest face?

I guess you think it's the richer guy, but it's Ahmed as he will starve first.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

so if someone loses everything they have, this isn't as bad as someone who only loses half of what they have.

got it.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    so if someone loses everything they have, this isn't as bad as someone who only loses half of what they have.

got it.
    I gave a very simple example which you either could not comprehend or chose to misrepresent.

350 Turkish lira is less than twenty quid, while 700k of the same currency is around 33 thousand pounds.

Factor in how long it would take to earn those two sums and the timeframe to accumulate their original wealth. When you have you might be able to conclude just why Asif would have a face down to his arse, as Ahmed yawns and shrugs about his loss.