+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cost Of Living Crisis

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cost Of Living Crisis

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    She quite clearly states on two occasions that this isn't applicable for everyone.

See:"Maclean said she was not “suggesting for one moment” that such an option would work for everyone, adding: “It may be right for some people, they may be able to access additional hours, but, of course, it is not going to work for people who are already in three jobs."

The problem is, if you distort what people are saying and what they mean, and choose to present them as monsters for your own satisfaction, then it only encoruages people on the other side to do the same.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/l...lean-fwvkrbzp2
    James, I haven't distorted anything. You have gone on a long rant about people deliberately misinterpreting what she is saying whilst doing exactly that yourself. You have decided she is talking about people on benefits, she never said she was. I have listened to the interview and assume she is talking about me...

Single male living alone, in full time work earning roughly the average wage, not on any benefits, could pay his bills comfortably last year and might not be able to by the time the next energy cap increase comes around. Is she talking about me? Is her advice for me to get more hours or get a better job?

Re: Cost Of Living Crisis

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    James, I haven't distorted anything. You have gone on a long rant about people deliberately misinterpreting what she is saying whilst doing exactly that yourself. You have decided she is talking about people on benefits, she never said she was. I have listened to the interview and assume she is talking about me...

Single male living alone, in full time work earning roughly the average wage, not on any benefits, could pay his bills comfortably last year and might not be able to by the time the next energy cap increase comes around. Is she talking about me? Is her advice for me to get more hours or get a better job?
    No, she isn't.