Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
I agree. I don't think it's an issue at all. Attitudes have changed and the laws have changed too, so even some of what may have been seen as the more 'legitimate' reasons to discriminate (such as parents fearing having no grandchildren or not seeing their child get married) have been swept away too.

We discussed this before and I think the issue in football is more in the changing room, highlighted by issues such as this: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...w-colours.html

Quite ironic, given the blokes surname..

Anyway, as with everyone else, I am sure we all wish the best to Jake Daniels in his personal life and every happiness.
It's great to see the wide level of support on this thread but I would say that there is still an issue in society whether it is direct abuse that people experience in going about their daily lives or more remote issues through the use of social media etc.

It is not about virtual signalling which seems to be a phrase people want to use - it is about people calling out inappropriate behaviour in the same way the call is being made on racism sexism etc.

It is the minority in society but it is a still having an impact on people so the more the majority vocalise the views from this thread for example the better 👍👍