Thread: Blackpools Jake Daniels comes out as gay

Re: Blackpools Jake Daniels comes out as gay

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Oh shush you
    We could have a rainbow football club

First blind centre forward to score a hat trick

There is no limit 🙌

Minority and marginalised groups getting visibility are a good barometer for the amount of thick attitudes still present in English League football grounds.

As soon as the knuckledraggers get all lairy they'll be rounded up and banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Minority and marginalised groups getting visibility are a good barometer for the amount of thick attitudes still present in English League football grounds.

As soon as the knuckledraggers get all lairy they'll be rounded up and banned.
    There are a lot of incredibly thick feckwits watching football that's for sure

Good on him, he'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I hope he scores a load of goals but Blackpool go down , we sign him and he fires us to promotion

And we have a gay pride section of the Canton
    i hope so too, i think there is a gay near me the sooner they get put in a gay section the better

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Not on twitter so are they positive or negative or mixed?
    You don’t want to be mate, it is the most bigoted thread I ever seen, split along religious beliefs. There are no neutral comments, they’re either supportive or vitriolic religious venting.

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    i hope so too, i think there is a gay near me the sooner they get put in a gay section the better
    It's right and proper

Let’s step back a minute. I thought we were after inclusion not segregated sections for different kinds of people/colour etc. It may have been said in jest but I’m not that sure it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    You don’t want to be mate, it is the most bigoted thread I ever seen, split along religious beliefs. There are no neutral comments, they’re either supportive or vitriolic religious venting.
    Cheers - very reason I'm not on there due to the number of keyboard warriors and not on Facebook either as i don't want to know what the genius child has done next or what food Debbie from Derby has had for tea

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Let’s step back a minute. I thought we were after inclusion not segregated sections for different kinds of people/colour etc. It may have been said in jest but I’m not that sure it was.
    I can assure you that the idea of a pink , black or womens area at CCFC was a complete piss take

Although I would put the tory scum in the car park

He is the oldest looking 17 year old I’ve ever seen.

Fair play to the lad, very gutsy decision for a 17 year old. I hope the knuckle draggers leave him alone. Any that don't should see a hefty ban and criminal charges.

Saw it mentioned above about things like rainbow corner flags etc. Not everyone who gets frustrated with what they see as 'virtue signalling' will also be homophobes, although obviously there will be a crossover of the 2.

I'd hope people are supportive over the summer, hopefully others will also come out and be true to themselves. Hopefully by next season it just seems normal and people don't see it as anything unusual

Its 2022, I dont think its the big deal it would have been say 10 / 20 years ago. Hes only 17, so grown up in a generation where being gay is no longer taboo and its a lot more acceptable to be who you want to be. There will always be haters and homophobics, but id say they will be more and more in a minority as time goes by.

Best of luck to him, hopefully it will encourage others in the game who have felt they have had to hide their sexuality to come out too.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Its 2022, I dont think its the big deal it would have been say 10 / 20 years ago. Hes only 17, so grown up in a generation where being gay is no longer taboo and its a lot more acceptable to be who you want to be. There will always be haters and homophobics, but id say they will be more and more in a minority as time goes by.

Best of luck to him, hopefully it will encourage others in the game who have felt they have had to hide their sexuality to come out too.
    I agree. I don't think it's an issue at all. Attitudes have changed and the laws have changed too, so even some of what may have been seen as the more 'legitimate' reasons to discriminate (such as parents fearing having no grandchildren or not seeing their child get married) have been swept away too.

We discussed this before and I think the issue in football is more in the changing room, highlighted by issues such as this: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...w-colours.html

Quite ironic, given the blokes surname..

Anyway, as with everyone else, I am sure we all wish the best to Jake Daniels in his personal life and every happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I agree. I don't think it's an issue at all. Attitudes have changed and the laws have changed too, so even some of what may have been seen as the more 'legitimate' reasons to discriminate (such as parents fearing having no grandchildren or not seeing their child get married) have been swept away too.

We discussed this before and I think the issue in football is more in the changing room, highlighted by issues such as this: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...w-colours.html

Anyway, as with everyone else, I am sure we all wish the best to Jake Daniels in his personal life and every happiness.
    Social media is the issue rather than the dressing room imo.

It's great to see the wide level of support on this thread but I would say that there is still an issue in society whether it is direct abuse that people experience in going about their daily lives or more remote issues through the use of social media etc.

It is not about virtual signalling which seems to be a phrase people want to use - it is about people calling out inappropriate behaviour in the same way the call is being made on racism sexism etc.

It is the minority in society but it is a still having an impact on people so the more the majority vocalise the views from this thread for example the better 👍👍

Brave move by a 'kid'. Let's hope he is supported by everyone who watches football.

Meanwhile in Qatar, hosts of the next World Cup...

Society has changed massively, the younger generation doesn't care if you what you define yourself ( and imho the older generation is becoming more tolerant due to the kids showing the way ) , if you are gay, straight, Bi or Asexuality it makes little difference

Is making a big thing of Jack ( he has almost become a hero ) is the right way to go as it does draw attention to it, thus creating a difference ( when I reality most people really dont care and dont want a song and dance about it )

good luck to the lad though

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Society has changed massively, the younger generation doesn't care if you what you define yourself ( and imho the older generation is becoming more tolerant due to the kids showing the way ) , if you are gay, straight, Bi or Asexuality it makes little difference

Is making a big thing of Jack ( he has almost become a hero ) is the right way to go as it does draw attention to it, thus creating a difference ( when I reality most people really dont care and dont want a song and dance about it )

good luck to the lad though
    I too wish Jake well but I think he's in for a bumpy ride.

All kinds of memes about on social media already.

Homophobia is still alive and kicking and black humour will always exist.