+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Flying to America

Flying to America

Anyone got any recommendations on operators?

Looking to do Nashville and LA and also Las Vegas if money allows

Re: Flying to America

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

That wont be cheap.you know how far from each other Nashville and LA are?

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    That wont be cheap.you know how far from each other Nashville and LA are?
    A lot further than I thought

I always go with the cheapest flights from the UK, it might mean changing somewhere ( Frankfurt next time for me ), but as long as its not more than 1 1/2 hours of the route I want to take and its less than 3 hours transfer time and saves me over £200 then its all good

as for the internal flights, any of the US airlines will be the same , look at the budget airlines if money is a consideration

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Don't bother with Nashville. It's not what you think it is. You're going to be disappointed. Just go to LA. You can drive to Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Don't bother with Nashville. It's not what you think it is. You're going to be disappointed. Just go to LA. You can drive to Vegas.
    Depends what you want… I prefer Nashville to the sprawl that is LA. You can do a Louisville(Bourbon & Muhammed Ali) to Nashville (every bar has live country music) to Memphis (blues, Graceland) road trip in 5/6 days. Fly to Vegas and 3 days max will be enough for your wallet

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Depends what you want… I prefer Nashville to the sprawl that is LA. You can do a Louisville(Bourbon & Muhammed Ali) to Nashville (every bar has live country music) to Memphis (blues, Graceland) road trip in 5/6 days. Fly to Vegas and 3 days max will be enough for your wallet
    I wouldn't bother with Vegas either. But I know it's attractive and people want to visit. I've been to Nashville and Memphis a few times. Every bar and having country music doesn't do it for me. I find it annoying. I prefer to sit down and be able to talk to someone. Graceland is worth a visit though. You can't go upstairs though.

Why would anyone want to visit LA? I would use it just as a starting point to get to Vegas, and then on to explore the wonders of Utah and Arizona. A great circular tour/road trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Why would anyone want to visit LA? I would use it just as a starting point to get to Vegas, and then on to explore the wonders of Utah and Arizona. A great circular tour/road trip.
    I wouldn't even use it to begin; return flight from CWL to either Chicago or Minneapolis using KLM or one of their partners for about 1400 pounds in July then connect with a direct flight to Vegas using Frontier or Spirit for about 350.

If you're not bothered about layover times to save cash, try Cheapoair website, they'll be heard to beat.

Agree wholeheartedly about spending time in the National Parks mentioned by Gofer, absolutely memorable. But if it is July / August you're thinking of take the trouble to book motels on your route to save having to sleep in the car

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    I wouldn't even use it to begin; return flight from CWL to either Chicago or Minneapolis using KLM or one of their partners for about 1400 pounds in July then connect with a direct flight to Vegas using Frontier or Spirit for about 350.

If you're not bothered about layover times to save cash, try Cheapoair website, they'll be heard to beat.

Agree wholeheartedly about spending time in the National Parks mentioned by Gofer, absolutely memorable. But if it is July / August you're thinking of take the trouble to book motels on your route to save having to sleep in the car
    Sorry, forgot where I'm living - the figures quoted are dollars not pounds. And if you can leave it until September, it will be substantially cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post

LA isn't everyone's cup of tea for sure but I love the place. Stay away from Hollywood and stay down on the coast at Hermosa or Rendondo Beach and it's fantastic. It's a sprawling mess but basically a huge conglomeration of loads of quite seperate places, so to say LA isn't worth going to is missing out massively.
    You can also drive easily to any number of amazing National Parks in under 2 hours. You could be skiing or in the desert on the same day, and back on the beach in the evening.
    There's just so much do that it's definitely worth spending a week in LA alone in my opinion.