+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FT: SCOTLAND 1 - 3 UKRAINE. Match thread

Re: Scotland v Ukraine

Another withdrawal from the Scotland squad https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61623499

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    IF..the sweaty ***** beat Ukraine, none of their fans should be allowed in Cardiff without a ticket..and any in the Wales ends should be deported.
    The ticketing information sent out by the FAW says that anyone with tickets purchased on the secondary market will be refused entry.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    The ticketing information sent out by the FAW says that anyone with tickets purchased on the secondary market will be refused entry.
    They ALWAYS say that..they won't be checking ID at the turnstiles

After consideration I think Ukraine would be the better draw. They’re a weaker team than Scotland currently I believe and their travelling fans (if any) won’t be a patch on the Tartan Army. The FAW might even open up a block in the away end to Welsh fans. Scotland could easily sell out 3k tickets in 4 days, I very much doubt Ukraine will.

They ALWAYS say that..they won't be checking ID at the turnstiles

It’s easy, if you got underpants on, you’re Welsh

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    After consideration I think Ukraine would be the better draw. They’re a weaker team than Scotland currently I believe and their travelling fans (if any) won’t be a patch on the Tartan Army. The FAW might even open up a block in the away end to Welsh fans. Scotland could easily sell out 3k tickets in 4 days, I very much doubt Ukraine will.
    Theyd sell more than 3k in less than 4 hours if there was availability.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Tierney out and Patterson also likely to miss the final if they make it.
    If Wrexham make the play off final I hope their fans do the right thing and sell to fellow Welsh supporters.
    Patterson is in the squad, and so far he has only been ruled out of the Ukraine match.

Re: SCOTLAND v UKRAINE. Match thread

ko 7:45pm

Live on Sky

Match stats

• This is the first meeting of the sides since October 2007 in a European Championship qualifier, with the Scots winning 3-1 through goals from Kenny Miller, Lee McCulloch and James McFadden.
    • Ukraine's sole victory over Scotland came in October 2006, Oleksandr Kucher and Andriy Shevchenko scoring in Kyiv.
    • Since losing consecutive World Cup qualifiers in October/November 2016 against Slovakia and England, Scotland have only lost one of their last 16 such games - a 2-0 defeat to Denmark in September 2021 - and won 11.
    • This will be the fifth time Ukraine have competed in a World Cup qualification play-off, failing to progress from any so far: in 1997 v Croatia (lost 3-1), 2001 v Germany (2-5), 2009 v Greece (0-1) and 2013 v France (2-3).
    • Scotland have won seven qualifiers during this campaign, their joint-most ever. They also won seven in qualifying for the 1998 tournament, which was the last time they reached the finals.
    • This is Scotland's first World Cup play-off since 1985, when they faced Australia for a place at the 1986 finals. In the first leg, they won 2-0 at Hampden with goals from Davie Cooper and Frank McAvennie and drew 0-0 in Melbourne.
    • Both John McGinn and Lyndon Dykes have scored four goals in this campaign for Scotland. The last Scottish player to net more goals in a single campaign was Kevin Gallacher in qualifying for the 1998 finals (six).

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Would Ukraine have any fans at all here? Maybe ones that live in the UK ?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Would Ukraine have any fans at all here? Maybe ones that live in the UK ?
    Apparently 3500 at Hampden Park, so presumably they'll sell out - probably as you say, to 'locals'. I'd still prefer 3500 Ukrainians to 3500 Jocks.

...if Scotland win by a mile ,will there be a people??'s vote after the final.whistle?
    Or 500 miles ??

Ukraine for me. Too many bad memories of Scotland and it will be carnage down here on Sunday.

Scotland for me have always been absolute rubbish

i rest my case

Scotland haven't turned up

Ukraine looking very good at the moment - and unsurprisingly very motivated!

I wish pundits like Nathan Blake would stfu. Talking about Wales starting fast on Sunday and blowing the opposition away. He is clueless.

Absolutely brilliant goal, he’s always been a classy player.

Sweatys looking decidedly second best at the moment. Ukraine looking decent though.

They look a class above Scotland at the moment.I'm hoping they can fluke a goal in the second half and scrape through on penalties because Ukraine look really good.

Yeah, they look better than I thought. Bit worried now..🙄

They look good, with everything going on we will do very well to beat these. Have hope in our home form and some Bale magic.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post
    Sweatys looking decidedly second best at the moment. Ukraine looking decent though.
    Yep. Great to see the cheating Jocks getting beaten but Ukraine look decent :-/

Scotland have been desperately poor. The gaps between their players are massive and Ukraine are taking advantage

J C when have scotland ever been good.. some on here talking about them as if they were Luxemburg back in the 70's