+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FT: SCOTLAND 1 - 3 UKRAINE. Match thread

Re: SCOTLAND v UKRAINE. Match thread

Ukraine on a different technical level compared to Scotland.

Well, if it is Ukraine and they’re as on top against us as they are here, I take it our support will not start booing the team like some of the Scots are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    Ukraine on a different technical level compared to Scotland.
    They look good, possessed almost…..

1 - 2

10 mins to go

Re: FT: SCOTLAND 1 - 3 UKRAINE. Match thread

I remember some Scottish fans saying Robertson is as good as Bale. He was crap.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Scotland have been desperately poor. The gaps between their players are massive and Ukraine are taking advantage
    Was hoping they would take it to extra time and, but for a glaring miss by McGinn, may well have.

Ukraine are a very good side and Zinchenko is different class.... saying that so is Bale.

It will be a tough game on Sunday but should we lose it will be a little easier to take than losing to Scotland as we have made a habit of in this type of one off game.

Ukraine looked very good in possession, streets better than Scotland in pure footballing terms. However, I just wonder if Sunday might be a game too far for them - I'd certainly prefer to chasing an equaliser against them rather than Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Ukraine looked very good in possession, streets better than Scotland in pure footballing terms. However, I just wonder if Sunday might be a game too far for them - I'd certainly prefer to chasing an equaliser against them rather than Scotland.
    Far from convinced by their goalkeeper as well.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    James has to play, his pace will terrify their keeper each time it's played back to him

We have more going forward than Scotland, Ukraine may think twice about committing so many players forward when their defence is up against Bale, Ramsey and James rather than Lyndon Dykes and Che Adams

Their goalie wasn’t great but midfield and going forward they were excellent and should have won more comfortably. I didn’t think they were that good before tonight but they looked so comfortable on the ball and very quick forward passing too , it’s going to be a very difficult game against them and rather ironically there is a lot of talk about some of their players not having a lot of recent football but our key players have probably played less!

James has to play, his pace will terrify their keeper each time it's played back to him

We have more going forward than Scotland, Ukraine may think twice about committing so many players forward when their defence is up against Bale, Ramsey and James rather than Lyndon Dykes and Che Adams
    Yes, Scotland were very aerial in their attacking approach and Ukraine coped with it pretty easily. Does this mean Keiffer is less likely to start? I think it might, Wales will present the Ukraine defence with a different of challenges, I have two concerns though first I. Think they may swamp us in midfield and,second, it might be thst Ukraine are just fated to qualify.

Yes, Scotland were very aerial in their attacking approach and Ukraine coped with it pretty easily. Does this mean Keiffer is less likely to start? I think it might, Wales will present the Ukraine defence with a different of challenges, I have two concerns though first I. Think they may swamp us in midfield and,second, it might be thst Ukraine are just fated to qualify.
    I think that Brennan Johnson will start. He's in form. That means we won't be as quick to get the ball forward. Scotland had little in midfield, we have.

Scottish pundits very unhappy with Steve Clarke's selection and tactics. Looks like that might have made Ukraine look better than they really are.
    (🤞)

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Scottish pundits very unhappy with Steve Clarke's selection and tactics. Looks like that might have made Ukraine look better than they really are.
    (��)
    Hindsight is great!

Im concerned about lack of game time for our players and the crowd being over respectful to the Ukraine Team , plus the fitness of our 2 best players.

We really need the CCS rocking for 90 minutes.

We are going to get absolutely leathered

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think that Brennan Johnson will start. He's in form. That means we won't be as quick to get the ball forward. Scotland had little in midfield, we have.
    I did a Brennan watch on sunday...he didn't do anything all game..he does tend to disappear in games

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    I did a Brennan watch on sunday...he didn't do anything all game..he does tend to disappear in games
    Exactly. It's why he shouldn't be the replacement for James. Johnson is the better player but James will run himself ragged, has international experience and put Ukraine under pressure

Johnson's more of a "moments" player. We already have one of those in Bale and we can't carry another, James' endeavour is essential for Wales

We've got Johnny Williams. Everyone just relax!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Hindsight is great!
    True

Didn't watch the match earlier but just watched the highlights. Scotland's defending really was woeful.

Ukraine deserved the victory. Thought the ref was a bit biased in their favour.
    How McGinn missed that header i’ll never know.
    All in all, a poor display from the jocks, A decent performance from Ukraine, all things considered. , if we play to best of our ability on Sunday, we’ll qualify.

Exactly. It's why he shouldn't be the replacement for James. Johnson is the better player but James will run himself ragged, has international experience and put Ukraine under pressure

Johnson's more of a "moments" player. We already have one of those in Bale and we can't carry another, James' endeavour is essential for Wales
    Agreed

I think there would be way so much more pressure with Scotland than Ukraine

I think we’ve got this

Get your putin masks out and go fecking smash em, don’t make this a love in…I’ve never seen Wales at a World Cup and I’m old 🙃