+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Andy Dibble gone - now official

Andy Dibble gone - now official

Been known for weeks, but now an official confirmation:

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...s-cardiff-city

Cardiff City FC can confirm that Andy Dibble has left his position as First Team Goalkeeping Coach, after five and a half years in the role.

Andy returned to the Club in 2017 having begun his playing career with the Bluebirds in 1982. He would make 62 appearances for City prior to embarking on a storied playing and coaching career that would bring him back full circle to the Welsh capital.

Dibs leaves with our utmost thanks and very best wishes for the future.

Andy stated: "I've thoroughly enjoyed my time with my hometown Club, where I started aged ten. I will always treasure the two Club awards won by our goalkeepers during my coaching years here and our promotion to the Premier League will always be highlight.

"I'd like to thank the fans for their tremendous support. I’d also like to thank my family and friends for all they did for me during my time at the club, I wish the Club all the best."

Re: Andy Dibble gone - now official

I know it's taken a while to officially release a statement, but how many people were pissed off that they'd just let him go with no word blah blah.

Good luck to him.

New manager new set up, can’t fault anyone.

Never understood why he was there in the first place......you think he could teach Etheridge/Smithies etc how to keep goal?? Never seen the need for a goalkeeping coach.

Statistically our keepers were the worst in the Championship. It’s unsurprising a new manager wants a new setup and it happens all the time in football.

There's a couple of things going on here...
    1. We're cutting costs, and this might just be another way to save a few bob.
    2. Our goalkeepers haven't performed that well in recent years. Okay, the whole team hasn't been setting the world on fire either, but that's not the point. Maybe we need a change of approach.
    3. Super Stevo is looking to play the ball on the floor, and is looking for a ball-playing keeper. Maybe we need someone with more knowledge of that style?
    4. Morison is stamping his own style, and hiring the guys he wants.

All these things add up to a change of faces. So it's long, Andy, and thanks for everything.

Am I living in a time warp.**** me I'm sure I've heard this story somewhere before.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Am I living in a time warp.**** me I'm sure I've heard this story somewhere before.
    At the risk of stating the obvious, the story broke but the club didn't state anything official.

Would you like help with your bags from the car whilst I'm being so charitably nice?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    At the risk of stating the obvious, the story broke but the club didn't state anything official.

Would you like help with your bags from the car whilst I'm being so charitably nice?
    Your a bit to serious mate. It was meant tongue in cheek.

Seen some nonsense on facebook about how he was forced out because he was more popular than the manager. Where do people get this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Seen some nonsense on facebook about how he was forced out because he was more popular than the manager. Where do people get this stuff
    Don't need to look far - just the other board for some of the outlandish reasons as to dibbles departure - if he is so good then he won't have any trouble getting another job

As for a popularity contest from what I have seen so far SM couldn't give two hoots what people think of him

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Never understood why he was there in the first place......you think he could teach Etheridge/Smithies etc how to keep goal?? Never seen the need for a goalkeeping coach.
    It's an interesting topic - some sports have a very different dynamic with the coaches.

Tennis for example, the coaches are hired and fired by the individual players - even Roger Federer has a coach, I'm sure he's not going to teach him how to hit a back hand, but presumably he thinks he's of some benefit.

Team sports are usually the other way around, whereas the "coach" hires and fires the team to mould them into a cohesive unit, but the role of goalkeeper is almost a solo player within a team, in some cases Im sure it would make sense for the goalkeeping coach to have more of a "tennis" dymanic.

Your a bit to serious mate. It was meant tongue in cheek.
    Yes, I was seriously offering you help with your shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Yes, I was seriously offering you help with your shopping.
    Thanks FOR the offer.I've sent you my list on a P.M.I persume your paying.

Thanks FOR the offer.I've sent you my list on a P.M.I persume your paying.
    For the misunderstanding I will on this occasion

Just had a look, you've got ribbed written down then strawberry, was this 2 single items or was it ribbed strawberry flavour 1 item?

Hope you enjoy yourself, but I can't understand why you'd have pillow cases on the same list.