+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: “crime crime crime is what we want to focus on”

“crime crime crime is what we want to focus on”

So said our tragic joke of a Prime Minister to his Cabinet of none of the talents this week thus finally bringing his party on to a subject some of them are familiar with (he's also said this week that he only signed the Northern Ireland protocol because he didn't think the EU would apply the rules he agreed to as stringently as they have done!) . That said, I'm not sure this was what he had in mind after a couple of by elections forced on the party by a conviction for sexual offences against a fifteen year old boy by one of the MPs concerned and a fetish about tractors with the other one.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61487215

What a seedy and disreputable Government this is!

Re: “crime crime crime is what we want to focus on”

They are beyond belief, Bob. You think they can't sink lower but every day they prove you wrong.

Must confess, having a tractor fetish is a new one on me.

The identity of the MP currently getting a grilling in a cop shop somewhere is no secret in the twitter-sphere. He's someone I've never heard of prior.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Must confess, having a tractor fetish is a new one on me.

The identity of the MP currently getting a grilling in a cop shop somewhere is no secret in the twitter-sphere. He's someone I've never heard of prior.
    Oh, he’s quite the celebrity or he was a year or two back following on from Brexit, you’ve not seen the Will Self video?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Oh, he’s quite the celebrity or he was a year or two back following on from Brexit, you’ve not seen the Will Self video?
    Apart from his humiliation at the hands of Will Self he came over as an utter prick during his many many interviews on the news channels. Even more so than Farage I thought of him as "Mr Brexit".

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Apart from his humiliation at the hands of Will Self he came over as an utter prick during his many many interviews on the news channels. Even more so than Farage I thought of him as "Mr Brexit".
    Yep - and one of the leaders of those brave, heroic and patriotic Spartans!

Has the MP been found guilty already or is this a case of those who dislike the Tories forming an opinion based on what they have read, without considering the facts? Surely it is better to leave this to the police, and then form an opinion once this has been tried in as court of law.

the Northern Ireland protocol is a difficult issue and in some respects the governments position is that the EU'#s stance in adopting rules written 25 years ago is a fair one. Apparently, M&S have to complete an 800 page document to transfer goods from the UK to Ireland, and they are looking to streamline that process so goods going into NI and staying there aren't part of the protocol. This seems sensible to me. They also want to move away from the paper trail favoured by the EU and move towards a digital solution. What is a concern is that the EU have not even adopted a digital solution as of today.

Still, the Tories and those who supported Brexit were warned this would happen. Who knew that actions had consequences.

Claudia Webbe
    Eric Joyce
    Lord Ahmed

What we can deduce from this is that seediness extends to all parts of the political spectrum. We should hold our MPs to a higher standard than everyone else, and if they are guilty of wrongdoing, they should face stiffer sentences than us ordinary folk would face.

Also, why is the Tory MP's name not being announced, when the modus operandi in cases like this is the alleged perpetrator is named to the public. One rule for politicians, and one rule for the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    Has the MP been found guilty already or is this a case of those who dislike the Tories forming an opinion based on what they have read, without considering the facts? Surely it is better to leave this to the police, and then form an opinion once this has been tried in as court of law.

the Northern Ireland protocol is a difficult issue and in some respects the governments position is that the EU'#s stance in adopting rules written 25 years ago is a fair one. Apparently, M&S have to complete an 800 page document to transfer goods from the UK to Ireland, and they are looking to streamline that process so goods going into NI and staying there aren't part of the protocol. This seems sensible to me. They also want to move away from the paper trail favoured by the EU and move towards a digital solution. What is a concern is that the EU have not even adopted a digital solution as of today.

Still, the Tories and those who supported Brexit were warned this would happen. Who knew that actions had consequences.
    Don't forget the voters , nothing to do with the EU ???

Trade between Great Britain and Northern Ireland is equivalent to 0.0008 per cent of the EU’s GDP and conducts aproxx 20 per cent of all its goods checks lets be honest its all meant to piss the UK ,it was the same with vaccine supply farce and jealous , so we hear EU folk saying stand up for yourself with other conflicts going on Europe so that's what the Tories are doing , worryingly the EU knows this could end up in troubles in Northern Ireland do they care nope , need that pound of flesh or hope is some naïve way UK will back a Labour / Liberal , SNP axis to re enter EU in some of Terresa May deal .

Could the EU come half way and help the flow of goods as we all know the protocol isn't working lots of agreements don't in their first stage , are they working for the people of the island nope , could they if they were flexed yes they could ?

I would never vote to re enter and I stupidly bought into the remain arguments of no food on shelves etc etc , never mind the stupid battle leave bus , liars all around .

EU just keep handing Boris votes by resurrecting Brexit , FFS .