+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Current squad

Re: Current squad

So when do we start panicking about the severe lack of strikers/goals/assists/creativity?

I actually really like our signings so far but they will fail miserably without the above missing piece.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I’m a little surprised that Morison isn’t taking a closer look at Whyte. After all, he runs around a lot. He must have another club lined up.

I’m guessing Morison is going to try to use the loan market for strikers again. Have City been seriously linked with any strikers yet? Not sure, but I don’t think so.
    It’s comforting to me Morison isn’t looking at Whyte . I think he’s absolutely dreadful and relieved Morison presumably thinks the same.

Not really re strikers, some stories linking us to Maja but nothing serious. They need to get at least 2 in soon, otherwise it’s going to be a very long season, and Morison won’t make it past November. Season is under a month away now, as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    It’s comforting to me Morison isn’t looking at Whyte . I think he’s absolutely dreadful and relieved Morison presumably thinks the same.

Not really re strikers, some stories linking us to Maja but nothing serious. They need to get at least 2 in soon, otherwise it’s going to be a very long season, and Morison won’t make it past November. Season is under a month away now, as well!
    If we're planning to use the loan market for the attacking positions then it's bound to take longer than free agents as sometimes it depends on the loaning club signing their targets too. We've still done a lot more than almost every other championship club so not time to start panicking yet.

Absolutely desperate for a decent striker

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Absolutely desperate for a decent striker
    Yes, a quality signing up front would make a world of difference to how that looks.

probably expecting the likes of Whyte, Sang and Semenyo to go on loan?

I haven't seen Sang in any of the pre-season training videos - either in Cardiff or Edinburgh.

Sang was also missing from the First Team page on the club website - until last night when he was put back in.

I thought he'd been bombed out, but maybe not. Could be he has some kind of injury?

Whyte didn't go to Scotland but is prominent in the recent Vale training pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    If we're planning to use the loan market for the attacking positions then it's bound to take longer than free agents as sometimes it depends on the loaning club signing their targets too. We've still done a lot more than almost every other championship club so not time to start panicking yet.
    Is it time to start panicking now?

squad 12.jpg

If we sign Kipre it looks like a *decent* enough Championship squad to me, with one obvious glaring hole.

If we fail to get a striker who is a real threat at this level then I fear it'll undo all the good work we've done until now.
    I really rate Davies, but he's out injured.
    Harris can finish well, and his high workrate should suit the new style too, but we don't have anyone to really physically occupy the oppositions defence.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Is it time to start panicking now?
    How about now?

How about now?
    I'm about a 5 out of 10 on the panic scale. 1 being "Morison will announce the perfect striker today" and 10 being "we need Flint back for the goals".

How about now?
    I think the components of what he’s put together look really good. I can’t say a particular signing has excited me but the whole result whilst spending virtually nothing is highly impressive.

All boxes ticked except two quality strikers and we all know how difficult that will be to achieve. Personally I think he’ll return for Hugill and then go all in on …….?

Don't panic!

squad 13.jpg

Probably a few more names that should be added to the U21s list

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    I'm about a 5 out of 10 on the panic scale. 1 being "Morison will announce the perfect striker today" and 10 being "we need Flint back for the goals".
    If we need flint then we are flucked

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    squad 13.jpg

Probably a few more names that should be added to the U21s list
    Don't use the club website u21 team page to fill in the gaps - it's way out of date.

Also - Etete and Antwi expected to sign - but not done yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Don't use the club website u21 team page to fill in the gaps - it's way out of date.

Also - Etete and Antwi expected to sign - but not done yet.
    yeah I jumped the gun on that a bit