+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Current squad

Current squad

Here's how we're currently shaping up for next season.

senior squad in blue and selected youth in yellow, ones with question marks may well be leaving.

I'll update it as we bring n more players, or people leave.

squad 7.jpg

Could arguably have extended Ng into CM as well after the last few games.

Re: Current squad

Can you make the colours the other way around though?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Can you make the colours the other way around though?
    I can

Spinning.jpg

It was supposed to spin round like a globe

I love a spreadsheet

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

senior squad in blue and selected youth in yellow, ones with question marks may well be leaving.

squad 7.jpg

If King is a first teamer, Denham certainly is

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If King is a first teamer, Denham certainly is
    yeah you could arguably put them both in the firsts or both in the youth, think it'll be clearer once we've got more players in where they're considered now

Gavin Whyte is still under contract isn't he.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    😱

If NG is a championship midfielder then I am dusting down my boots and making a comeback

You are right

You are right
    It's been said before that he could well be an interesting option at wing-back. By all accounts he's had a pretty good season with Oxford and might be a dark horse for remaining and getting some game time

squad 7.jpg

I can't see Tom Sang playing for the Under-23s next season.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I can't see Tom Sang playing for the Under-23s next season.
    Sang won’t be here, and I’d forgotten about Gavin Whyte. Christ.

Wonder if they give Connolly a new deal?

It's been said before that he could well be an interesting option at wing-back. By all accounts he's had a pretty good season with Oxford and might be a dark horse for remaining and getting some game time
    He’s been playing number 10. He’s the furthest thing from a right back. And he’s crap. He’s scored one goal all season.

Once upon a time maybe, but it's probably a bit late to start experimenting with that now.

He’s been playing number 10. He’s the furthest thing from a right back. And he’s crap. He’s scored one goal all season.
    But he runs around a lot!

I'm pretty sure that's the entire thought process of people who suggest that Whyte could play wing-back.

I'm pretty sure that's the entire thought process of people who suggest that Whyte could play wing-back.
    He was playing as a winger at the time, and the one metric that he was anything other than completely forgettable in was he put in a lot of tackles. Has a bit of pace and can cross it.

It isn't a huge stretch of the imagination from a winger that tackles a lot to a wingback, but as pointed out he's been playing centrally for a while.

He was playing as a winger at the time, and the one metric that he was anything other than completely forgettable in was he put in a lot of tackles. Has a bit of pace and can cross it.

It isn't a huge stretch of the imagination from a winger that tackles a lot to a wingback, but as pointed out he's been playing centrally for a while.
    He didn’t know what he was doing as a winger though, and wing back has more responsibility. He tries hard and is an honest player but he isn’t good enough. Wish him well though. Hull didn’t want him back when they went up, which says a lot

What did Paolo Maldini say about defending? "If I have to make a tackle, then I have already made a mistake" or something like that.

We wouldn't get money for him (only 1 year left on his contract) and he's not on huge wages so he's not someone we'd be desperate to move on - so I was thinking in those terms what could he be utilised as.

Alternatively a cheeky swap deal (plus a bit of cash) with Oxford for Cameron Brannigan!

My thinking was when warnock used him as a winger he spent more time at RB and seemed like he may be able to adapt to it, as let's be honest he was shit attacking.

Just opinions, it's good for a chit chat on here.

Wonder if they give Connolly a new deal?
    Connolly has been offered a new deal, and the club will trigger the option of an extra year. Barton wants him back at Bristol Rovers. Would probably be a good thing for his development.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    I love a spreadsheet
    I need a Pdf or better a power point presentation

Update required please.

I reckon, we need a minimum of 2 CH, 2 FB, 3 MF, 2CF & a winger another 10 on top of the 4 already in.