+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forest thuggery, should they be punished ?

Forest thuggery, should they be punished ?

Personally, after that sickening, cowardly attack, I think repercussions should be brought against them.

3 games behind closed doors

Possible points deduction

Even ban their scabby fans from Wembley

What’s your thoughts ?

Re: Forest thuggery, should they be punished ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Personally, after that sickening, cowardly attack, I think repercussions should be brought against them.

What’s your thoughts ?
    I think they should lose their place in the final , being replaced by the team that finished 18th

It's one dickhead, I wouldn't punish the club.

Stick a pound on the next away ticket as is traditional

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    It's one dickhead, I wouldn't punish the club.
    Agreed not the clubs fault and certainly not the fans

We have suffered for years because of bunch of thugs who followed the club down the years and still do and it is always the decent fans that get truly penalised

Apparently sharp and maCpikie were winding the forest fans up behind them throughout the game, just banter but why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

What’s your thoughts ?
    Still harbouring grudges that are almost 40 years old and which may have only been associated with a minority of their supporters at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Apparently sharp and maCpikie were winding the forest fans up behind them throughout the game, just banter but why bother?
    Banter is fine, they certainly receive enough. I quite like when they give some back.

That's a nasty assault

Being shouldered at speed by a big bloke could have caused serious injuries

That's the sort of thing rugby thugs used to get away with

No

15,000 people ran onto the pitch and there was 1 incident which couldn’t have been prevented. Not sure why Forest should be punished.

It should be easy enough to work out who it was and fine/ban/jail/etc him.

The alternative is stamp out pitch invasions and put up 10ft fences around the pitch and ruin the game and excitement for every fan base in the country.

As has been said, thousands of Forest fans ran onto the pitch but there was only this one serious incident. Just to give this "fan" a lifetime ban would be a nonsense. If he had done that to anyone in the street outside he would be charged with assault and taken to court - inside a football ground should make no difference.

The fan should be charged with assault and banned for life. Dint think the club should be punished because of the behaviour of one thug.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Still harbouring grudges that are almost 40 years old and which may have only been associated with a minority of their supporters at the time?
    its only 40 years, got to give it till the 50th to even think of moving on

BBC News - Billy Sharp: Fan jailed for headbutting player at end of match
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-61505835

6 months

If he had broken the players jaw or cheekbone or fractured his skull he could have been looking at 4 years

What an arsehole

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    BBC News - Billy Sharp: Fan jailed for headbutting player at end of match
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-61505835

6 months

If he had broken the players jaw or cheekbone or fractured his skull he could have been looking at 4 years

What an arsehole
    Wow, that was quick work by the courts fair play! I expected it would be several months before the case came to court by which time the severity of the act would have diminished and he would get a slapped wrist and a paltry fine. No reason given for why he did it as far as I can see?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    its only 40 years, got to give it till the 50th to even think of moving on
    That soon? There are still people who resent anything German or Japanese because of a war that finished over 75 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    That soon? There are still people who resent anything German or Japanese because of a war that finished over 75 years ago.
    You probably wouldn't be too keen on the Japanese if one of your relatives had experienced their PoW camps.

A lenient sentence I reckon. Some of our lot had far severe sentences after that Chelsea set up a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Remember, this is the sickening lot, that gave Dave Jones horrible abuse, after his troubles !

And it didn’t come from just behind the goals, there was terrible abuse thrown at him from behind the dugout

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    You probably wouldn't be too keen on the Japanese if one of your relatives had experienced their PoW camps.
    I think that's the point he's making

Many hated Thatcher for her attack on the miners and their communities and Nottingham miners were seen as doing her dirty work for her ......and that sort of animosity still hangs around for some people

The question as to if its right to feel like that is a different thing

In the same way some British soldiers or relatives of those who suffered in Burma, under the nazis or were injured in Argentina or Northern Ireland still carry mistrust etc

It's all relative of course

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    many years back I changed my works van, from a Peugeot to a VW, arrive at the house to clean the windows, old lady spots my van, comes running out " get that off my drive and dont come back " speak to guy next door as his house was next, he explains its because its a German van It still makes me smile when I do the road now

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    many years back I changed my works van, from a Peugeot to a VW, arrive at the house to clean the windows, old lady spots my van, comes running out " get that off my drive and dont come back " speak to guy next door as his house was next, he explains its because its a German van It still makes me smile when I do the road now
    Dirty stinking window cleaning nazi scum !

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Dirty stinking window cleaning nazi scum !
    It’s vindow cleaning Sludge.

Quote Originally Posted by Davpont View Post
    I think they should lose their place in the final , being replaced by the team that finished 18th
    We'd get battered in the final so it would be academic, but can you imagine this side in the EPL? Doesn't bear thinking about!