+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jamilu Collins - Signing confirmed

Jamilu Collins - Signing confirmed

Another new player , will we have enough kit to go around??

Cardiff City are poised to announce their fourth signing of the summer with Nigeria international Jamilu Collins to undergo a medical today (May 19).

Re: 4th New Player In

Least inspiring so far. Let’s hope the scouting has been good.

Re: Jamilu Collins - Signing confirmed

Bagan had that period of the season where he was on fire. A Nigerian international is good competition for the lad. Or he can fit in elsewhere. Don't think JC is going to be player of the season but I really like it as an addition to the squad.

Now give us more please!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Why the least inspiring Des? It's the one I'm most pleased about so far

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Morison clearly stating his position on his polo shirt!!

Seems like a squad player, we need a hell of a lot of players so not every one is going to be a starter.

we might be surprised by this one, his stats from a defensive point of view are pretty decent

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Seems like a squad player, we need a hell of a lot of players so not every one is going to be a starter.
    Another good article giving insight as to how this came about

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...llins-24012423

Any relation to James?

My brother-in-law is Nigerian (and a City fan - although he also follows Arsenal) and is a keen follower of the Nigerian national team.

He rates him highly.

Great engine, fast, dribbles and is hard as nails.

He was surprised we got him as some premier league clubs had been sniffing around.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    He will be a starter.

Re: 4th New Player In

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Funny enough, I think it is the most astute to date.. certainly the less risky.

Saying that, happy with our dealings so far... given our financial situation.

To get 4 players in for free, at their ages, certainly increases the value of our squad.

Morison maybe enjoying himself signing these players, but he's got his work cut out moulding them into a decent team, but this was always going to happen this summer regardless of who was in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    My brother-in-law is Nigerian (and a City fan - although he also follows Arsenal) and is a keen follower of the Nigerian national team.

He rates him highly.

He was surprised we got him as some premier league clubs had been sniffing around.
    Sounds good

All the boys I know who have lived in Paderborn, have been good drinkers, hopefully Jamilu doesn't know what 'Wobbly' is ;-)

Funny enough, I think it is the most astute to date.. certainly the less risky.
    I’d say Alnwick looks the least risky at this stage.

As regards Collins, why do you reckon he’s been at a mid-ranking German second division side for the last five years? It seems strange to me that someone playing regularly for Nigeria should spend so long at a club like Paderborn.

I’m not for one minute suggesting he won’t be good enough for the Championship - I think it’s nigh on impossible to compare the qualities of the two divisions. But if Collins genuinely is decent, it’s surprising that he hasn’t been picked up by one of the bigger German outfits by now, especially considering his age.

Nigeria are ranked 30th in the world and he's got 25 caps for him. I don't think you'd get that many caps if you didn't have something about you.

Although saying that we're ranked 18th and Jonny Williams has 32 caps..

He rates him highly.

Madrid were watching him .

To be fair though :

Josh Murphy was a one stage being monitored by Chelsea .
    Scott Malone tracked by Dortmund for years .
    Jazz Richards was literally hunted down by Haverfordwest .

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

As regards Collins, why do you reckon he’s been at a mid-ranking German second division side for the last five years? It seems strange to me that someone playing regularly for Nigeria should spend so long at a club like Paderborn.

I’m not for one minute suggesting he won’t be good enough for the Championship - I think it’s nigh on impossible to compare the qualities of the two divisions. But if Collins genuinely is decent, it’s surprising that he hasn’t been picked up by one of the bigger German outfits by now, especially considering his age.
    You could apply that logic to any number of players though.

"They weren't signed by Real Madrid so they must be shit"

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    You could apply that logic to any number of players though.

"They weren't signed by Real Madrid so they must be shit"
    Who said he was shit? I certainly didn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

What were you expecting? He’s just joined a team that finshed 18th in the 2nd division. The standard of the division is really not that good. A team can go from playoffs to relegation in one year and from fighting relegation to play offs in the same time period. What I do believe is that if we were stuck with the deadwood we’d gathered that relegation would be a near certainty, so I’m pleased to see is mix it up a little

in fairness he's played at a higher level than any of our other signings

He rates him highly.

You never know, we might pick up a few student bookings

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Nigeria are ranked 30th in the world and he's got 25 caps for him. I don't think you'd get that many caps if you didn't have something about you.

Although saying that we're ranked 18th and Jonny Williams has 32 caps..
    Nigeria also has over 200million people compared to our 3million so I’m guessing it’s just a slight bit harder to get caps for them.