You sunk my battleship!

Re: Furlough fans: your prayers have been answered - here comes Monkeypox

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    WHO meeting on the 23rd ...
    Dunno mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    Dunno mate.
    Yep, they need to get ahead of this "unusual" new virus that needs to be renamed, presumably because it's unusual?

Yep, they need to get ahead of this "unusual" new virus that needs to be renamed, presumably because it's unusual?
    WHO is they?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    In fairness WB got so humiliated with his Covid predictions, (well chronicled and likely to get Book 8 of the Aenaid if repeated) that he took a well earned break from this board. He seems to have gone all in in the opposite direction with monkey pox in that it is a virus demanding a lockdown by globalist manipulators.

Perhaps he will repeat his disappearing act for another year though if in the interim Ampadu rips Declan Rice a new one or Brennan Johnson slides one in in the final I would welcome him back!
    I'm going to have to challenge you on that front Cyril.

From my brief experience of exchanges with him I find it hard to believe that he is capable of humility and therefore unlikely to suffer from humiliation.

From my brief experience of exchanges with him I find it hard to believe that he is capable of humility and therefore unlikely to suffer from humiliation.
    Getting things wrong is humiliating, but as long as you learn some lessons it's all good. You have to make mistakes to keep on moving forward.

I admit I struggled with the verb. To besoregugularlystupidlywrongwhilstarrogantlybeliev ingtheopposite, seemed a bit contrived in English. I'm sure TBG has a more appropriate German version!

Getting things wrong is humiliating, but as long as you learn some lessons it's all good. You have to make mistakes to move forward.
    Catch me up WB. What things have you got wrong that you've learned lessons from in your time posting on here?

Catch me up WB. What things have you got wrong that you've learned lessons from in your time posting on here?
    As I said above, you have to learn to think in years and months before things become apparent.

I see that the UK has stretched its lead at the top of the Monkeypox league over the past week. https://www.monkeypoxmeter.com/#countrylist

Though there's plenty of info out there re cases, there's very little to be found re deaths. Does anyone actually snuff it from Monkeypox?

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I see that the UK has stretched its lead at the top of the Monkeypox league over the past week. https://www.monkeypoxmeter.com/#countrylist

Though there's plenty of info out there re cases, there's very little to be found re deaths. Does anyone actually snuff it from Monkeypox?
    That list is like a WEF lottery!

As I said above, you have to learn to think in years and months before things become apparent.
    You just said "Getting things wrong is humiliating, but as long as you learn some lessons it's all good. You have to make mistakes to move forward."

What have you got wrong that you've learned lessons from?

You can go back "years" or "months"

You just said "Getting things wrong is humiliating, but as long as you learn some lessons it's all good. You have to make mistakes to move forward."

What have you got wrong that you've learned lessons from?

You can go back "years" or "months"
    The Russia collusion hoax took over 5 years to unravel.

The Russia collusion hoax took over 5 years to unravel.
    That's one thing you were wrong about. Ok.

Anything else you want to put your hands up about while we're in confession?

Isn't this nice? Like a bonding moment for us all.

That's one thing you were wrong about. Ok.

Anything else you want to put your hands up about while we're in confession?

Isn't this nice? Like a bonding moment for us all.
    Wrong? Hahaha, good one

Wrong? Hahaha, good one
    There's that famous humility I was talking about

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I admit I struggled with the verb. To besoregugularlystupidlywrongwhilstarrogantlybeliev ingtheopposite, seemed a bit contrived in English. I'm sure TBG has a more appropriate German version!

As well as heading the 195-strong countries globally in Monkeypox cases, it seems Blighty is at number one for BA.4 and BA.5 of the Covid-19 Omicron variant cases.

Covid infections are rising again across the UK, the latest figures from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) show.

An estimated 2.3 million people or one in 30 has the virus - a rise of 32% on the week before.

The rise is being driven by two new fast-spreading sub-variants of Omicron - called BA.4 and BA.5.

More: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-62009230

Can't compete with that although the Germans have come up with a word whereby their word for 'bad' is dropped into the middle of their word for 'improve' (and which becomes 'verschlimmbessern') and means making something worse whilst trying to improve it
    Or how about 'Backpfeifengesicht', which means a face you want to slap?
    TGB
    Still in the bowels of Egypt

As Britain remains top of the worldwide Monkeypox cases table.

WHO Calls for 'Urgent' Action in Europe Over Monkeypox

The World Health Organization called on Friday for ‘urgent’ action to prevent the spread of monkeypox in Europe, noting that cases had tripled there over the past two weeks.

“Today, I am intensifying my call for governments and civil society to scale up efforts … to prevent monkeypox from establishing itself across a growing geographical area," WHO Regional Director for Europe, Hans Henri Kluge said.

“Urgent and coordinated action is imperative if we are to turn a corner in the race to reverse the ongoing spread of this disease."

More: https://www.news18.com/news/world/wh...x-5476783.html

Britain remains proudly at the head of the worldwide Monkeypox table - https://www.monkeypoxmeter.com/

Germany and Spain are closing in but providing we can organise more dinghies to cross the Channel filled with former citizens of countries where Monkeypox is endemic then I'm confident we can hang on to top spot.

Britain remains proudly at the head of the worldwide Monkeypox table - https://www.monkeypoxmeter.com/

Germany and Spain are closing in but providing we can organise more dinghies to cross the Channel filled with former citizens of countries where Monkeypox is endemic then I'm confident we can hang on to top spot.
    When will I be able to put my staff on furlough? I never got around to it with Covid but Monkeypox seems like a good shout for saving some pounds.

When will I be able to put my staff on furlough? I never got around to it with Covid but Monkeypox seems like a good shout for saving some pounds.
    Hello. It's Organ Morgan here, not Mystic Meg.

Hello. It's Organ Morgan here, not Mystic Meg.
    Predicting the end of the world to the exact month in one thread.

Predicting Monkeypox causing mass lockdowns and furlough in this one - but not when it's going to happen because you're not a clairvoyant

Dr Eric Feigl-Ding is a very big wheel in his field (his wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Feigl-Ding).

He appears to be gagging for Monkeypox to be declared a pandemic. In fact, he appears to be salivating at the prospect. https://twitter.com/DrEricDing