+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jamilu Collins - Signing confirmed

Re: Jamilu Collins - Signing confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    What were you expecting?
    I have no expectations. None whatsoever. I’m merely interested to find out more about a player I’d never heard of until yesterday. Simple as that.

Why are people so precious and defensive all of a sudden? Aren’t we allowed to discuss signings these days?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I have no expectations. None whatsoever. I’m merely interested to find out more about a player I’d never heard of until yesterday. Simple as that.

Why are people so precious and defensive all of a sudden? Aren’t we allowed to discuss signings these days?
    I wasn’t being defensive, nothing I can do about your interpretation though. You were curious about why a Bundesliga team hadn’t come in for him if he was any good. They didn’t but a team that finshed 18th in the English 2nd division did. My point is thst it was probably horses for courses with the potentate for upside (or downside)

Aren’t we allowed to discuss signings these days?
    Don't be so precious.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I wasn’t being defensive, nothing I can do about your interpretation though. You were curious about why a Bundesliga team hadn’t come in for him if he was any good. They didn’t but a team that finshed 18th in the English 2nd division did. My point is thst it was probably horses for courses with the potentate for upside (or downside)
    Fair enough.

These signings are certainly interesting, that’s for sure. I think Alnwick is a pretty safe bet but the rest really could be anything.

Fair enough.

These signings are certainly interesting, that’s for sure. I think Alnwick is a pretty safe bet but the rest really could be anything.
    👍… just re-read my post with the horrible typos🤣. I deserved to be berated. Thanks for letting me off

Fair enough.

Yup, although it all adds to the mystery of how it'll all end up, which is a bit of a bonus given the last couple of seasons and the predictability of it all in terms of the majority of our recruitment. There's fun ahead!

You ain’t hanging around.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    You ain’t hanging around.
    we've got a lot of signings to make, no point in dragging our heels.

seems like your lot are counting on quite a few of the out of contract players re-signing, whereas we wouldn't want to keep many of ours

Decent appraisal by a fan here....
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...amilu-24015578

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Nigeria also has over 200million people compared to our 3million so I’m guessing it’s just a slight bit harder to get caps for them.
    Rankings don’t mean that much especially if friendlies are counted.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Nigeria are ranked 30th in the world and he's got 25 caps for him. I don't think you'd get that many caps if you didn't have something about you.

Although saying that we're ranked 18th and Jonny Williams has 32 caps..

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    Why the least inspiring Des? It's the one I'm most pleased about so far
    Adams is a known quantity to me. Alnwick had big potential lost his way but is a safe signing. Tanner is either going to be a hero or a zero.

Collins, had 6 clubs in 4 seasons, including 4 loans, until he went to Paderborn. It’s all subjective & about opinions, just didn’t do it for me. I hope he rams my ambivalence down my throat.

I've been checking out some grainy YouTube footage and he looks to have plenty of good attributes, Bagan might need to continue upping his game to get back in the side