+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gareth Bale move to Cardiff City would 'make sense', says Wales boss Robert Page

Gareth Bale move to Cardiff City would 'make sense', says Wales boss Robert Page

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61510373

It sounds like one of the most improbable transfers in football history - but Gareth Bale joining Cardiff City would "make sense", according to his Wales manager Robert Page.

Re: Gareth Bale move to Cardiff City would 'make sense', says Wales boss Robert Page

its going to be all down to how Wales do on the 5th

Re: Gareth Bale move to Cardiff City would 'make sense', says Wales boss Robert Page

Surely County make much more sense. Much closer to Celtic Manor.

Surely a nicer approach by Mr Bale would be to do the 6 months with or without World Cup qualification , as a sort of wanting to give back to my home community type of thing , could influence the the younger kids to see Cardiff as a place for a big star to land at , and prove its its not all about fame and money ?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61510373

It sounds like one of the most improbable transfers in football history - but Gareth Bale joining Cardiff City would "make sense", according to his Wales manager Robert Page.
    IF,IF,IF he were to join I think we would need to accept that he wouldn’t be playing week in week out. That there could be long periods without him but still believe having him as a talisman and part time player would be worth it.

I recall John Charles making his debut for us at home. Absolute Magic. And joining up with another Welsh legend, Ivor Allchurch who signed on the 1st August 1962.
    Could history repeat itself?

The Shirt sales, sponsorship opportunities and general buzz would lift the club immensely, whether he played many games or not. Would gain huge media attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn! View Post
    The Shirt sales, sponsorship opportunities and general buzz would lift the club immensely, whether he played many games or not. Would gain huge media attention.
    Club shop would have to open full time, God forbid

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn! View Post
    It would add thousands to the average attendance and boost sales of basically everything.

Not only that, our global exposure would be huge. A quick look shows Bale has 19 million followers on Twitter, the club itself has only 370k followers.

I think swansea should snap him up.Bigger club, finished above us and they have better players.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Club shop would have to open full time, God forbid
    That’s probably a deal breaker - any room behind that wall?

He is still way too good for us and this level of football.

I would much prefer to see him playing for AC Milan or Bayern or Athletico or someone like that. ..... I think his last Wales performance showed that when he is fit and happy and feels a part of the team, he is can still be a top player.

I'm not so sure Morison is capable of man-managing a Gareth Bale.

Seeing scenes of Bale being kicked to shreds at Preston on a Wednesday and Morison saying in the post-match interview that he needs to be more physical to which Bale thinks, "alright **** this" and buggers off.

Hope it happens though

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    He is still way too good for us and this level of football.

I would much prefer to see him playing for AC Milan or Bayern or Athletico or someone like that. ..... I think his last Wales performance showed that when he is fit and happy and feels a part of the team, he is can still be a top player.
    Personally I’d rather he played for Cardiff City. I believe he will retire from international football after the World Cup and possibly retire altogether if we don’t qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Personally I’d rather he played for Cardiff City. I believe he will retire from international football after the World Cup and possibly retire altogether if we don’t qualify.
    I'd rather he played for us than retire, but i think it'd be silly for him to retire...... unless his injuries are going to affect his well being after football. In which case , he shouldn't be playing in any league.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    All day long! I don't want him to play for any other side than City now. His Wales antics are irrelevant to me.

He should go play in the MLS if he's got any sense

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    All day long! I don't want him to play for any other side than City now. His Wales antics are irrelevant to me.
    His Wales "antics" ? Bit of a twatish thing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    His Wales "antics" ? Bit of a twatish thing to say.
    Huh! Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Huh! Why?
    Because I'd say that the majority of people on here DO care about the Wales National Team.

I've been proud as punch watching him play for over ten years, because he represents Wales.

I think you mentioned before that you don't like international football because you don't believe in the concept of nations?

Can't see him going from 300k a week to 30k a week

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    Can't see him going from 300k a week to 30k a week
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Why?
    would you take a pay cut of 270k?

would you take a pay cut of 270k?
    That's up to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    That's up to him.
    It is up to him and that's why I don't think he'll take a 270k a week pay cut. Could be wrong but what would you do?

It is up to him and that's why I don't think he'll take a 270k a week pay cut. Could be wrong but what would you do?
    After many years of earning millions per annum, I guess he has the choice. He has nothing to prove to anyone any more. He has his own goals now.