+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warnock interview on View From The Ninian Podcast

Warnock interview on View From The Ninian Podcast

I don’t know if this has already been discussed on here so apologies if it has.

I just listened to it and what was noteworthy was that he said that he started reading the online fan’s forums and that the opinions of him expressed on the forums was part of the reason for him deciding to leave.

I was also not so surprised that he said that he didn’t have much faith in stats when choosing a player or that he doesn’t much care for Bobby Reid!

Definitely worth listening to though.

Re: Warnock interview on View From The Ninian Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

I just listened to it and what was noteworthy was that he said that he started reading the online fan’s forums and that the opinions of him expressed on the forums was part of the reason for him deciding to leave.

I was also not so surprised that he said that he didn’t have much faith in stats when choosing a player or that he doesn’t much care for Bobby Reid!

I don't listen to VFTN to much F-ing and Jefing so ain't listened to the interview, but NW said that Sharon reads the forum's and that was a reason he signed in the beginning, the one bit of credit I will give Warnock is he knew when to go unlike thick mick.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I don't listen to VFTN to much F-ing and Jefing so ain't listened to the interview, but NW said that Sharon reads the forum's and that was a reason he signed in the beginning, the one bit of credit I will give Warnock is he knew when to go unlike thick mick.
    The other funny thing was that he didn’t know who Dai Hunt is…..

He's such a shithouse, swayed by a few grumpy blokes on the internet Righto Neil! It's part of his charm though, i suppose. He's got skin like concrete has Warnock, probably trying to guilt trip us into paying £45 a ticket for his Q and A at St Davids. Love it

He knew when to go!!!!!! Pity those in charge didn’t know when he had to go!

A good listen, Warnock worked miracles in his first two years. Legend. However, what ever did he see in Bacuna, Glatzel and Madine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    A good listen, Warnock worked miracles in his first two years. Legend. However, what ever did he see in Bacuna, Glatzel and Madine.
    He always had the McKay twins to fall back on should the first team start faltering

He’s full of shit. If he knew when to go he should have walked away after the victory at Old Trafford.

His ego wouldn’t allow it and we now find ourselves in a bigger mess because of it. It’s been 3 years since that awful 2019 transfer window and it will take at least 3 more years to get back into a position of strength, assuming we don’t get relegated in the meantime.

I listened to half of it but switched off. He was interviewed from a kneeling position and it just seemed to be an excuse to talk about how he great he is. Fair enough, they probably wouldn't have got the gig otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He knew when to go!!!!!! Pity those in charge didn’t know when he had to go!
    That’s a whole different thread altogether Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He’s full of shit. If he knew when to go he should have walked away after the victory at Old Trafford.

His ego wouldn’t allow it and we now find ourselves in a bigger mess because of it. It’s been 3 years since that awful 2019 transfer window and it will take at least 3 more years to get back into a position of strength, assuming we don’t get relegated in the meantime.
    I totally agree with you JR, I was one of the posters who was shot down when suggesting we should shake his hand after promotion, but the love in was still there with most fans saying he deserves his chance in the prem….blah blah blah.

Can't stand the bloke.

The other funny thing was that he didn’t know who Dai Hunt is…..
    I think he may be telling lies there. I was at one of his Q&As and Dai Hunt was there and i got the impression he knew who he was alright. In fact near the end of the session. When asked Warnock said he would be happy to extend the session which meant Dai Hunt was up for next question. Dai asked him "who is you favourite player" and Warnock replied "that's a ****ing one tame coming from you!"
    Spedger

Great manager

Would love to have had him 15 years ago

He would have got us up without the stupid pouncing about with Dave Jones etc

Get stuck in , team spirit , get the ball in the net , defend

Terrible politics though , raving tory

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Great manager

Would love to have had him 15 years ago

He would have got us up without the stupid pouncing about with Dave Jones etc

Get stuck in , team spirit , get the ball in the net , defend

Terrible politics though , raving tory
    Whittingham, Bothroyd and Mcphail would have become much better players under Warnock's coaching, nqat!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Whittingham, Bothroyd and Mcphail would have become much better players under Warnock's coaching, nqat!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Well bothroyd was a diving tart so I wouldn't have minded him on his way

Witts could have been the quality playmaker warnock likes in his sides , protected by the midfield workhorses , same with mcphail

No place for two players like that though

Under Jones we had plenty of flair but no bollocks and everyone went missing which is why warnock got us up and Jones didn't

That’s a whole different thread altogether Parker.
    Read your last sentence a few posts up on this thread.

Witts could have been the quality playmaker warnock likes in his sides , protected by the midfield workhorses , same with mcphail

Under Jones we had plenty of flair but no bollocks and everyone went missing which is why warnock got us up and Jones didn't
    I must have missed all of those “quality playmakers” he’s had in his sides down the years. As he kept on telling us, “bread and butter” midfielders is what he liked - nowt fancy.

In saying that I genuinely enjoyed watching Warnock’s Cardiff sides until the time Zohore got injured about two months into our promotion season and the 18/19 side came a lot closer to staying up than the 13/14 one did (although, for all Warnock’s blaming of Craig Pawson and Eddie Smart for our relegation, his selection and tactics at Fulham had at least as much to do with it as they did in my book).

As for the Podcast, it was never going to be a critical analysis of his time at Cardiff, but did it have to be so fawning about him?

Tell me you know **** all about football without telling me you know **** all about football.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Read your last sentence a few posts up on this thread.
    Blah Blah Blah Parker

i agree. They rather spoil the whole podcast which is generally good with unnecessary expletives.

Blah Blah Blah Parker

All that I will say is that, prior to Warnock, when was the last time that a City team got 90 points in a season and how soon does anyone think that we will get 90+ points again (or a +30 goal difference for that matter). He built the promotion team on a shoestring budget and reconnected the fans back to the club. What he achieved in 2017/2018 with the squad we had was nothing short of a miracle. You should all bow down in thanks to him, instead of trying to destroy the memories he gave us together with ridiculing his ability and reputation.

No doubt he did a brilliant job to get us promoted.

That offside flag not going up against Chelsea that day cost us our PL status.

Otherwise it would have been another great job.

Not going after relegation was a bad mistake.

That transfer window was a complete disaster.