+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flint released

Re: Flint released

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It’s about getting the balance between artists and artisans right and we haven’t done that for years.
    No argument from me there Bob.
    Apparently that is all about to change

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    If stopping the opposition scoring isn't that difficult then why do teams lose?

We seem to be intending on demanding more than that, but it takes time, especially with limited resources.
    Absolutely, it will take time. Stopping creativity is easier than being creative, defending is easier than being creative.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Absolutely, it will take time. Stopping creativity is easier than being creative, defending is easier than being creative.
    No shit sherlock

Anyway, where did I mention that he was a good footballer?
    You didn’t. You suggested that Flint could be a fail-safe option next season when the truth is he’s never been anything like a fail-safe option during his time here. As often as not, he’s been an accident waiting to happen.

Also what constitutes a good footballer?
    Someone who does loads of stepovers….
    Flint did plenty of step-overs during his time at City. The problem is none of them were intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I believe Ralls and Morrison have and the others are unlikely to communicate with the fans in the way Vaulks has in the past.

Be a bit daft Vassell putting up a goodbye message anyway.
    As a side issue Vaulks does a huge amount of work for charitable/ local organisations ,more than most , and without the fanfare some seek .

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    If we are going to be in a relegation battle and the aim is to stay up id say give him a year. Id say hes still better than McGuinness , better than Nelson with Denham unproven.

If we are aiming higher then we ideally get in another centre half as well as hoping we get significant improvement in MacGuiness , Denham and maybe Collins.

Ive not seen Collins but ive seen enough of the other to that they can improve to a higher performance level.
    BLUETIT

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    As a side issue Vaulks does a huge amount of work for charitable/ local organisations ,more than most , and without the fanfare some seek .
    So what? He can’t pass the ball and often plays one twos with advertising hoardings but at least he does some charitable work.

If we have offered him a contract it tells me all I need to know about our style of play next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    We've fallen some way if we're upset about Flint leaving us
    I trust Morrison will follow ?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I trust Morrison will follow ?
    Don't we have a duty of care until he is recovered from his injury?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He was sent off twice against the jacks.- in fact, he was sent off six times in his career and five of them were when he was playing for us.
    I know. What a dirty bastard he was when he played for us.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    So what? He can’t pass the ball and often plays one twos with advertising hoardings
    I beg to differ. He wouldn't be able to collect the return from the hoardings.