+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another with his p45

Another with his p45

Re: Another with his p45

Good luck lad

All the best Keenan.

About five or six years ago I used to speak to Keenan’s father at Academy matches and I really feel sorry for him today because he’s had three of his sons released by City without them playing a single competitive first team game for the club. All three of them had more than their fair share of injuries and Keenan was the unluckiest of the crop of youngsters who came into first team consideration because he must have been an unused sub between five and ten times for them.

Keenan and Sam Bowen played alongside each other for club and country for years at age group level and there were times when I definitely thought we’d see the two of them in City’s midfield, but this manager does not seem to rate them - that’s his prerogative and I think that it’s too early yet to start forming too many conclusions on how he wants a team of his that he has put together to play, but it is sad to see someone who I think deserved to be given a chance in the first team leave - best of luck to Keenan in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    About five or six years ago I used to speak to Keenan’s father at Academy matches and I really feel sorry for him today because he’s had three of his sons released by City without them playing a single competitive first team game for the club. All three of them had more than their fair share of injuries and Keenan was the unluckiest of the crop of youngsters who came into first team consideration because he must have been an unused sub between five and ten times for them.

Keenan and Sam Bowen played alongside each other for club and country for years at age group level and there were times when I definitely thought we’d see the two of them in City’s midfield, but this manager does not seem to rate them - that’s his prerogative and I think that it’s too early yet to start forming too many conclusions on how he wants a team of his that he has put together to play, but it is sad to see someone who I think deserved to be given a chance in the first team leave - best of luck to Keenan in the future.
    always thought his brother Kyle would make it a few years ago saw him play at academy level many times , think hes been knocking about in the welsh prem with clubs like havordfordwest and Barry the last time I looked . good luck to the lad

He didn't stand out for us in the National North so, sadly, I'm not surprised.

He was clearly well coached, was disciplined, enthusiastic and generally tidy with the ball. But when you get a player who is on the fringes of a level two side you expect him to be extra classy in a team at level six and he wasn't.

Saying that, I'd happily take him back, though I guess we'd struggle to afford him.

The world of football is harsh for so many youngsters isn't it. Hope he makes it somewhere else.
    Reminds me of this article from a while back https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-...mpaign=KARANGA