+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cmon Wycombe (Spoiler - Sunderland are promoted)

Re: Cmon Wycombe

I've been surprised by the poor quality of football played in the League One play-offs, but Sunderland's second goal today was well worked with a good finish, so I think that they deserved to be promoted.

Re: Cmon Wycombe (Spoiler - Sunderland are promoted)

I don't care about Sunderland, but I will concede they are a big club. I don't care about Wycombe either. My question is: What did Gareth Ainsworth wear today?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Obviously they have to earn the right on the pitch where it counts
    So the size of club obviously doesn't matter if they have to earn that right.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    So the size of club obviously doesn't matter if they have to earn that right.
    It’s like pulling teeth on here sometimes.
    Sunderland has just over twice the population of Wycombe. Sunderland’s average home crowd this season was 30k. Wycombe’s was under 6k
    On that fact alone, i think Sunderland Deserved to go up. Not SHOULD go up, but DESERVED to go up.
    If you disagree, then fine.

Sunderland has just over twice the population of Wycombe. Sunderland’s average home crowd this season was 30k. Wycombe’s was under 6k
    On that fact alone, i think Sunderland Deserved to go up. Not SHOULD go up, but DESERVED to go up.
    But this was Sunderland’s fourth consecutive season in League One which tells me that, despite the number of people that watch them, they’ve been paying the consequences of being a very poorly run club - their fans may deserve to go up, but I’m not sure you can say that about the club. Do you think Derby will deserve to go up next season, should Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich and Portsmouth have gone up this time?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I don't care about Sunderland, but I will concede they are a big club. I don't care about Wycombe either. My question is: What did Gareth Ainsworth wear today?
    Not a good day for him. All in black, shirt unbuttoned to the chest, bad hair day, looked like he was missing his kebab at 2am.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    But this was Sunderland’s fourth consecutive season in League One which tells me that, despite the number of people that watch them, they’ve been paying the consequences of being a very poorly run club - their fans may deserve to go up, but I’m not sure you can say that about the club. Do you think Derby will deserve to go up next season, should Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich and Portsmouth have gone up this time?
    What that tells me is, that even after 4 seasons in Division 1, they are still averaging 30 thousand crowds for home games, (bigger than a few Premiership teams). Whether they are being poorly run or not, that’s impressive.
    There is obviously much more interest and fan loyalty in Sunderland than there is in Wycombe, and for that reason, i think they and their fans deserved to go up. Once again, not should have, but deserved to.
    I’m now off to insert a crayon up each nostril and sit in the corner .

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Like a 50+ year old sex pest, stuck in the late 1980s with a Tear for Fears fixation, hanging around the dance floor in Astoria.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Not a good day for him. All in black, shirt unbuttoned to the chest, bad hair day, looked like he was missing his kebab at 2am.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Like a 50+ year old sex pest, stuck in the late 1980s with a Tear for Fears fixation, hanging around the dance floor in Astoria.

Just for the avoidance of doubt, you'd suggest Salford and Stevenage deserved to be relegated from the league and, had Newport won promotion, they wouldn't have deserved to?

Hope the crayons aren't too uncomfortable btw!

Just for the avoidance of doubt, you'd suggest Salford and Stevenage deserved to be relegated from the league and, had Newport won promotion, they wouldn't have deserved to?

Hope the crayons aren't too uncomfortable btw!
    Are you as much of dick in your every day life, as you are on here?

Are you as much of dick in your every day life, as you are on here?
    A yes or no would have sufficed!

A yes or no would have sufficed!
    In all fairness you replied similarly to me the other day when a straight reply would have done