+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Championship released player lists

Championship released player lists

Links here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/61358799

Seven clubs have yet to publish their lists. Huddersfield and Nottm Forest for obvious reasons together with Cardiff, Derby, Fulham, Sheffield United and West Brom.

Re: Championship released player lists

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    Links here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/61358799

Seven clubs have yet to publish their lists. Huddersfield and Nottm Forest for obvious reasons together with Cardiff, Derby, Fulham, Sheffield United and West Brom.
    Obviously, what we were told about the 21st being the cut off point for retained lists was bollox then.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Obviously, what we were told about the 21st being the cut off point for retained lists was bollox then.
    I think the 21st is an EFL submission "requirement" although there are almost certainly exemptions, e.g. still being in the play-offs or in the middle of a long drawn out takeover. Other than that I would imagine it is at the club's discretion as to when they put it in the public domain.

I read yesterday that they have to be submitted to the FA by the 21st and are publicly released once ratified by the FA

It was interesting to see Forest Green's retained list before City signed Adams. It contained details of the players released and those who had been offered new contracts (which included Adams at that stage). Beats me why City couldn't do something similar and instead we get the news through the players' social media accounts.

https://www.fgr.co.uk/news/retained-list-confirmed

The 21st is the date that it has to be given to the EFL and, IIRC, it's 10th June when they are published by the EFL. Clubs are at liberty to release them prior to those dates.

I may well be wrong, but the only reason that I can think of for delaying publication is that talks are still ongoing over some deals.