+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your First Away Game

Re: Your First Away Game

I’ve realised I’m wrong by many years.

York City v City, 2nd replay at Birmingham January 1970, humiliated 1-3 after drawing 1-1 away & home. I did the replay at NP then the 2nd replay at St.Andrews

Swansea 3 Cardiff 2 Boxing Day 1964. My uncle was manager of Swansea Town at the time. I was five. My uncle Walter drove my Dad and I down in his van as we had complimentaries. It's a blur now but I think Tapscott scored. Greatest memory otherwise was watching all the Christmas tree lights as we drove home. Got me hooked though!

Peterborough away October 1987 .. despite being in the lead 3 times, lost 4-3

Millwall 1977, FFS

Quote Originally Posted by Park Life View Post

I think a few of us were on the pitch at that game

1959/60 season.......away to Leyton Orient......promotion season 27 February 1960 .....3-4 to City...and a diving header by Joe Bonson that I will never ever forget!!! Have been trying to get a photo of this!!!

Notts county 1979 lost 4-1
    Spedger

This thread confirms the demographic of this board! Anyone witness a game in the 40s?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    This thread confirms the demographic of this board! Anyone witness a game in the 40s?
    It was quite hot when we won the Algarve Cup

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It was quite hot when we won the Algarve Cup
    Too far South. Liege away would be a candidate!

Quote Originally Posted by Park Life View Post
    Brian mcdermot scored a cracker to put us 3-2 up. I went there again about a month later n FA Cup and got beat again.
    Spedger

Wrexham 1 Cardiff 3 2001

Strangely, having grown up in Cardiff, I used to go to every home game as a season ticket holder but hardly ever went to away games (my Dad was in charge obviously) but vaguely remember Shrewsbury, Swindon and Palace, but they were rare.

Conversely, living in Surrey, I go to predominantly away games now, and few home games, and the experience is much better for some reason.