+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Todays football

Re: Todays football

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Did they?
    I ended up watching Jeff for the first half, last 15 minutes of the Trophy final, Man City - Villa until about 75 minutes, switched to the Liverpool game thinking they were going to win the title. When news came of City's 3rd goal I turned over to the Brentford - Leeds game, then when they went 2-1 up, back to S4C for the rest of the Trophy final.

Hoped Man City would bottle it, hoped Leeds would go down and wanted Wrexham to win the cup. That went well!

I have no love for County, Swansea or Wrexham. Why should I? In other news, I don't like either of the Bristol clubs. Call me crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    5 seasons in the Premier League and apparently in financial difficulties….. I wonder why?

It makes you wonder if the Premier League is the money pit that people outside it appear to think ?
    Even teams like Norwich were 13th biggest spenders in all of Europe in the summer. Its just a black hole.

We got promoted twice and got excited about the 150 mil or whatever but both times came down with a crapper side than we went up with, and spent 50 million plus huge wages each time for the privilege. Both times we ended up facing relegation within a couple of seasons while receiving parachute money.

Looking forward to the fresh start next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Even teams like Norwich were 13th biggest spenders in all of Europe in the summer. Its just a black hole.

We got promoted twice and got excited about the 150 mil or whatever but both times came down with a crapper side than we went up with, and spent 50 million plus huge wages each time for the privilege. Both times we ended up facing relegation within a couple of seasons while receiving parachute money.

Looking forward to the fresh start next season.
    I wonder if Norwich fans will get excited about maybe going up again? Was it 24 points? Was it good?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I wonder if Norwich fans will get excited about maybe going up again? Was it 24 points? Was it good?
    Norwich ended up with twenty two points, twelve less than we managed in 18/19, but they did even worse in 19/20 when they had twenty one points, yet they still managed to win the Championship the following season - we really have ballsed it up on the two occasions we were back in the Championship with the, unfair, advantage the parachute payments should have given us.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Norwich ended up with twenty two points, twelve less than we managed in 18/19, but they did even worse in 19/20 when they had twenty one points, yet they still managed to win the Championship the following season - we really have ballsed it up on the two occasions we were back in the Championship with the, unfair, advantage the parachute payments should have given us.
    Both times the recruitment during the second part of the season and after relegation was utter gash.

First time around we had some good players but a manager who didn't know what to do with them. Our wage bill must have been incredible and needed cutting.

Under Warnock we had the basis of a really good side when we won promotion. Following relegation we lost Bamba, Manga and (later) Peltier at the back and brought in Flint and Nelson; Arter and Gunnarsson in centre midfield and replaced them with Pack, Bacuna and Vaulks; Zohore and Mendez Laing were replaced by Glatzel and Whyte. I would suggest that every one of those replacements weakened us.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Both times the recruitment during the second part of the season and after relegation was utter gash.

First time around we had some good players but a manager who didn't know what to do with them. Our wage bill must have been incredible and needed cutting.

Under Warnock we had the basis of a really good side when we won promotion. Following relegation we lost Bamba, Manga and (later) Peltier at the back and brought in Flint and Nelson; Arter and Gunnarsson in centre midfield and replaced them with Pack, Bacuna and Vaulks; Zohore and Mendez Laing were replaced by Glatzel and Whyte. I would suggest that every one of those replacements weakened us.
    Totally agree! One wonders what Warnock was thinking?