+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RMT Strikes

Re: RMT Strikes

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    How do you think the drivers got these conditions in the first place? From the goodness of their employers hearts? Such a bootlicker.
    Your missing the point , they have it great, work by the unions , don't have to keep taking though

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Train driver wages have got nothing to do with this strike or the rmt (with a few exceptions) . I share a lot of your feelings about the rmt leadership. Although I'm not sure they had much of a choice here. 3 years of pay freezes for most of the staff represented by the rmt, and the government were giving every indication that was going to continue.
    I do understand that hence my mention of guards pay , its an overall union thing I'm pressing home , I'm sure ASLEF are aware and wating to strike . I hear the Metro trams /trams will have a huge impact on wages downwards so battle lines are drawn as companies look to reduce costs via automation and electrification.

I think there comes a time where a balance is needed and as a union you have to be careful what you wish for , and how many times you push , before its all broken up and taken away for future generations it happened in the car and steel industry

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I do understand that hence my mention of guards pay , its an overall union thing I'm pressing home , I'm sure ASLEF are aware and wating to strike . I hear the Metro trams /trams will have a huge impact on wages downwards so battle lines are drawn as companies look to reduce costs via automation and electrification.

I think there comes a time where a balance is needed and as a union you have to be careful what you wish for , and how many times you push , before its all broken up and taken away for future generations it happened in the car and steel industry
    Agree with you there. I do think the govt could have sorted this l out out by offering around 3% months ago. I think most would have accepted that. Their complete refusal to discuss it at all has led many to believe we need to fight as they are coming for us.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I definitely had one, but it was late so God knows now.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Good on them, we need more people to wake up in this country and fight for better pay, terms and conditions. I never understand how another working class person can castigate another working class person for this.
    On the money mate!
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Good on them, we need more people to wake up in this country and fight for better pay, terms and conditions. I never understand how another working class person can castigate another working class person for this.