Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Worked hard all my life **** all to show for it
    Yeah that was a pretty naive comment

Re: **** the Jubilee

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Yeah that was a pretty naive comment
    how

In 2017 the monarchy generated a contribution to the economy of £1.8 billion. To run it costs approx £4.50 per head of population. Doesn't take someone with a great deal of intelligence to work out that we would be considerably worse off without it.

Bloody English!
    They're all the same - give 'em a crown and they think they rule the place!

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    In 2017 the monarchy generated a contribution to the economy of £1.8 billion. To run it costs approx £4.50 per head of population. Doesn't take someone with a great deal of intelligence to work out that we would be considerably worse off without it.
    Can someone with a great deal of intelligence give a source for this and break the numbers down? How did the monarchy 'generate' that income? Assume it wasn't generated by visits to historic buildings that would be there without the Windsor clan in place?

I'd like a refund. How does the £1.8 billion break down? Please don't say tourism; that's been shown as a flawed argument enough times.

She's not coming to the show ! 😪

Devastation

The Queen has thrown a sickie !

Lulu , the tory pretend Jock is on tv fawning over the Queen

Jesus christ it's nauseating

how did they generate 1.8 billion exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

There's an hour between your posts. Have you been watching for an hour? Turn it off if you don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    how
    Not yours, his. There's plenty of people who work their nuts off but don't get the rewards

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Can someone with a great deal of intelligence give a source for this and break the numbers down? How did the monarchy 'generate' that income? Assume it wasn't generated by visits to historic buildings that would be there without the Windsor clan in place?
    Thank you John so true

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    There's an hour between your posts. Have you been watching for an hour? Turn it off if you don't like it.
    No you soppy tart

I fell asleep in the toilet and it was still on

Now naff off

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    In fairness Jon it is reliant on the windsor clan being in place .
    I mean who visits the Colliseum or the Forum since Augustine, ceasar and Nero passed on ......

Quote Originally Posted by Random in Duquesa View Post
    In fairness Jon it is reliant on the windsor clan being in place .
    I mean who visits the Colliseum or the Forum since Augustine, ceasar and Nero passed on ......
    Or the pyramids. No one goes there.

I don't think anyone has ever visited Paris since those bastards stormed the Bastille in 1789. What a waste!

I will admit though, nothing beats knocking on the door of Buckingham Palace and being invited in for a cuppa by the queen. I'll miss Phil next time I go. He was such a laugh.

The alleged profitably factor is laughable and irrelevant. However, for those who think it matters perhaps we need regularly profitability projections to see if Buck House should be converted to host Eurodisney and have Mickey Mouse as Head of State.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The alleged profitably factor is laughable and irrelevant. However, for those who think it matters perhaps we need regularly profitability projections to see if Buck House should be converted to host Eurodisney and have Mickey Mouse as Head of State.
    It will be a lot of extra work for Mickey as he's already Prime Minister.

Quote Originally Posted by Pembroke blue View Post
    Why ??????????????
    You don't like the royals and that's fine, but what's the harm in naming it after her?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Bloody English!
    They're all the same - give 'em a crown and they think they rule the place!
    Give em a plastic chair at a football tournament ans they think the same.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Turn it off then.

My first day trying to avoid the jubilee went pretty well. There was too much talk about it n the car radio driving over the Rhigos to Tescos Aberdare first thing, but then a couple of hours working on the book and watching most of the test match and the Glamorgan game meant it was almost avoided completely apart from when Dominic Cork was commentating on us - he spent more time talking about the jubilee than the game

That apart, there was only a discussion about whether the buses were running on my afternoon walking of the dog, so I’d say I got away with it really.

I see Andrew won't be involved, sadly...

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    I see Andrew won't be involved, sadly...

Well, one thing we know for sure is that he won't have a fever.