+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: **** the Jubilee

Re: **** the Jubilee

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    We are talking about the monarchy here. You asked me a question I answered it. We are taught from a young age the monarchy is a good thing. So it’s hardly surprising the majority are in favour of this bunch of dull mediocrities.
    Kids are also taught RE, but plenty grow up to be atheists.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Kids are also taught RE, but plenty grow up to be atheists.
    Do you really think that's the same thing?

We are talking about the monarchy here. You asked me a question I answered it. We are taught from a young age the monarchy is a good thing. So it’s hardly surprising the majority are in favour of this bunch of dull mediocrities.
    All these sweeping generalisations about schools. In my schools the queen, royal family wasn't mentioned once. Where do you get the idea that schools are brainwashing kids with a Royalist agenda?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Do you really think that's the same thing?
    Here we go again. Yes, I do think that’s the same thing. Is that alright with you?
    It’s proving that not all kids get brainwashed at school.

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    All these sweeping generalisations about schools. In my schools the queen, royal family wasn't mentioned once. Where do you get the idea that schools are brainwashing kids with a Royalist agenda?
    It’s happening in schools now. Kids going into school dressed up in red, white and blue clothing to celebrate the jubilee being an example of what is happening in schools.

Fear not. Sludge will be on soon telling us what’s on every school curriculum in Wales.

Fear not. Sludge will be on soon telling us what’s on every school curriculum in Wales.
    Haha

It’s happening in schools now. Kids going into school dressed up in red, white and blue clothing to celebrate the jubilee being an example of what is happening in schools.
    That's just a day of civic nationalism, i like Nationalism just not the civic part.
    What are they actually teaching about Royalty though?

No need!

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/p...s-from-mid-may

Well done you for learning the UK national anthem despite your schools though!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Well done you for learning the UK national anthem despite your schools though!
    What makes you think i was taught God Save the Queen? The Welsh Anthem yes, we were never Taught God save the queen though.

What makes you think i was taught God Save the Queen? The Welsh Anthem yes, we were never Taught God save the queen though.
    What in my post says you did anything different?

This is precisely the sort of stuff I am on about. Brainwashing.

What in my post says you did anything different?
    Thought you were being sarcastic. Maybe you were.
    But You wrongly presumed i'd learnt the UK national anthem. Why did you do that cyril?

Thought you were being sarcastic. Maybe you were.
    But You wrongly presumed i'd learnt the UK national anthem. Why did you do that cyril?
    I am just drawn towards these unprovable anecdotal threads where people make definitive statements I guess! I met a bloke the other day, who said he met the white Pele..... that kind of thing. At least you know what it's called!

Here we go again. Yes, I do think that’s the same thing. Is that alright with you?
    It’s proving that not all kids get brainwashed at school.
    My apologies; I didn't realise you've made this mistake before. I'm a bit baffled that someone would equate an educational process - where one should theoretically be taught to criticise and evaluate - with a cultural one - which isn't, necessarily - but I'll get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    My apologies; I didn't realise you've made this mistake before. I'm a bit baffled that someone would equate an educational process - where one should theoretically be taught to criticise and evaluate - with a cultural one - which isn't, necessarily - but I'll get over it.
    Nice one. I’m sure you will 👍

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Oi stop with positive posts, you know it upsets the miserble here

Did either of you even get past the headline?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post

Of course.

Clearly not. Unless of course the empty retail units being enquired about were to sell Royal Family merchandise.

GTSQ

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Oi stop with positive posts, you know it upsets the miserble here
    Couple of hours on and the status quo restored.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Couple of hours on and the status quo restored.
    Hang on a minute here, you can't post something misleading and then snarkily moan with your butty when people point out it's not exactly the home run you suggested.

That article barely mentions the jubilee as the reason for booming sales, it says there's a busy schedule in Cardiff which is bringing thousands of people in. The events in question are Ed Sheeran (240,000 people), one of the biggest football matches in Welsh history and various other smaller gigs as well as whatever's going on for queenie. I think you're bright enough to know that if there's a massive amount of people in Cardiff over this period, percentage wise the jubilee is a very small part of the reason for that.

In fact the only mention of the jubilee in real terms is one shop saying they're selling a lot of bunting and facemasks, and a Professor from Cardiff Uni saying that although some sectors will get a boost, overall the previous jubilees created a net loss of output.

Sorry if you think that's being negative but it's like saying that Sunday is a fantastic day for the groundsman because 33000 people are there to admire the grass