+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Backing Scotland.

Jordan Backing Scotland.

Re: Jordan Backing Scotland.

Anyone else with an opinion you can link us to?

I thought you meant Joe Jordan!

She has her knockers.

Attention seeking prick

I can see why some English folk think this way. We get into bed with them in Cricket, and our 4/5 major football clubs rely on the English leagues for our life blood and competition. Can you imagine the crowds we’d be getting now, if we’d joined the WPL in 92?

If he doesn’t understand local rivalry and taking the piss when your neighbours bugger things up he doesn’t understand football (or, indeed most sports). Does he think the Scots were sending commiseration telegrams saying ‘jolly hard lines chaps’, I’d imagine the Scottish players with English clubs couldn’t wait for pre season training to begin.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    If he doesn’t understand local rivalry and taking the piss when your neighbours bugger things up he doesn’t understand football (or, indeed most sports). Does he think the Scots were sending commiseration telegrams saying ‘jolly hard lines chaps’, I’d imagine the Scottish players with English clubs couldn’t wait for pre season training to begin.
    Thing is Splotty. The jocks can legitimately slag the English, as they all play in their own league system, it may be piss poor, but at least all their clubs play in it.
    We just couldn’t survive in a Welsh league. Neither could the other big Welsh clubs.
    We can take the piss out of England in many sports, but when it comes to football, it’s like a homeless guy, taking the piss out of someones walloaper. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Thing is Splotty. The jocks can legitimately slag the English, as they all play in their own league system, it may be piss poor, but at least all their clubs play in it.
    We just couldn’t survive in a Welsh league. Neither could the other big Welsh clubs.
    We can take the piss out of England in many sports, but when it comes to football, it’s like a homeless guy, taking the piss out of someones walloaper. ��
    I also mentioned Scots lads plying their trade in England, there’s a few throughout the divisions, paid by English clubs, using English facilities etc. You often read of the ‘banter’ between the nationalities, it’s no big deal. Simon Jordan is stirring a pot with a venomous spoon when rivalry in football has been going on since the Scots came down to join Northern English clubs with their game changing passing tactics in the 1880s/90s. He’s making more of it to make a controversial headline and some folk fall for it. Nothing wrong with it at all.

People posting on message boards spitting feathers about other people expressing their opinions is not without irony, of course.

What's got to do with a Katie Price

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    People posting on message boards spitting feathers about other people expressing their opinions is not without irony, of course.
    There’s you living in England, taking all their jobs, using their NHS and all the while posting on a Welsh club’s messageboard, you should take a long hard look at yourself. I bet you even shout at English sides when we play them. Ya bugger

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    There’s you living in England, taking all their jobs, using their NHS and all the while posting on a Welsh club’s messageboard, you should take a long hard look at yourself. I bet you even shout at English sides when we play them. Ya bugger
    I only took the one job and not all of them

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I only took the one job and not all of them
    Well you’re still a very naughty and ungrateful chap, Billy Treseder is on the case of people like you

We can take the piss out of England in many sports, but when it comes to football, it’s like a homeless guy, taking the piss out of someones walloaper. 😁
    Welshies, know your place!

....... when it comes to international football, england is a bandwagon full of clowns. .... they go from overconfidence to lashing out in the blink of an eye. This tosser is a prime example.

Treseder is obviously a little brit too ....."jocks" ......shit league. ........blah blah blah ........The english league would be of a comparable standard to the spl if it wasn't for foreign money and footballing talent.It's got very little to do with England.

I don't buy into the we should be thankful for the English leagues and that we would be ruined if we were in the Cymru Premier or that anybody in the FA or English system should be able to say thanks but you're out now.

We have both mutually benefitted over the years, some of the south Wales games had huge attendances for the time so by playing in the English system we helped the leagues in at least a small part become what they are today and now we benefit due to the exposure to the big money and investment of the game. If the Welsh clubs hadn't been invited/joined then the Welsh league system would undoubtedly be in a stronger position than it is now if it had formed naturally over the following years.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Attention seeking prick
    The best way to deal with them is let them carry on, they want the anger hence the controversial opinions. They're literally paid to do this..or make money off the back of the fact companies know they divide opinions so can't wait to throw them on the air.. I don't even get angry anymore it's a waste of my own energy. And just helps build their profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

....... when it comes to international football, england is a bandwagon full of clowns. .... they go from overconfidence to lashing out in the blink of an eye. This tosser is a prime example.

Treseder is obviously a little brit too ....."jocks" ......shit league. ........blah blah blah ........The english league would be of a comparable standard to the spl if it wasn't for foreign money and footballing talent.It's got very little to do with England.
    Wouldn't all top European leagues? There's a reason Scotland hasn't had billions pumped into their football league..same as Wales.

I'm sure the English league would still be a whole lot better than Scotlands if you took the money away.

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    I don't buy into the we should be thankful for the English leagues and that we would be ruined if we were in the Cymru Premier or that anybody in the FA or English system should be able to say thanks but you're out now.

We have both mutually benefitted over the years, some of the south Wales games had huge attendances for the time so by playing in the English system we helped the leagues in at least a small part become what they are today and now we benefit due to the exposure to the big money and investment of the game. If the Welsh clubs hadn't been invited/joined then the Welsh league system would undoubtedly be in a stronger position than it is now if it had formed naturally over the following years.
    But still not as good as the SPL we don't have a rangers or celtic.

We can take the piss out of England in many sports, but when it comes to football, it’s like a homeless guy, taking the piss out of someones walloaper. ��
    Which is why it was so funny watching another golden generation allegedly, collapse completely against Iceland. Nevermind the wallpaper falling off, the whole house collapsed making the homeless guy feel quite safe in his tent. Allied with us doing so well, I’ll never forget it…..

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post

I'm not sure we have added much to the brand, same as 99% of the clubs there we would have been easily replaceable over the years.

There would still be next to no money in the Welsh league.

I don't see how we can be anything but thankful that we joined the English pyramid, nothing wrong with accepting that. Doesn't mean we have to go around jerking them off though, it was over 100 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

What a load of tosh you’ve posted here.
    “Welshies know your place” Yes in the fact that we only survive as a big club because we are in the English set up.
    “Treseder is obviously a little brit too. Bollox. The last time i looked at my passport, i was British.
    As it goes, the SPL is very poor league, but only because they have a fraction of the dough that the EPL gets.
    They’ve always had the crowds. Something we wouldn’t get anywhere near in an all Welsh set up.
    The truth sometimes hurts, but nevertheless, it’s the truth. As Trigger has point out, we don’t need to be fawning over the English, i personally love it when they balls up in tournament, but we still rely on them for our lifeblood.

I like Simon Jordan, one of the few football 'commentators' who openly condemn the profligacy and greed of the top clubs and PL in particular. Regard to his comments re. the Welsh players he's 100% right. No class, chip-on-shoulders, immature. If England had done the same - there would be pitchforks being sharpened in the Sennyd

International

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I like Simon Jordan, one of the few football 'commentators' who openly condemn the profligacy and greed of the top clubs and PL in particular. Regard to his comments re. the Welsh players he's 100% right. No class, chip-on-shoulders, immature. If England had done the same - there would be pitchforks being sharpened in the Sennyd
    Agree pretty much, he speaks his mind, and yes it reality they were being a bit childish, we thought it was funny but wouldn't be happy if it was the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Utter rubbish.

'If England had done the same' could only have happened if England were a football minnow that had put up with living in the shadow of their entitled bigger neighbour for most of their history, and often been ignored or patronised by the UK national media.

It was a joke FFS. It was joyous solidarity with another football minnow getting a rare one over on our biggest rival, and one of the big boys of European football. Most English commentators took it in that way and treated that 'once in a generation moment' as a fair cop.