+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jordan Backing Scotland.

Re: Jordan Backing Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Utter rubbish.

'If England had done the same' could only have happened if England were a football minnow that had put up with living in the shadow of their entitled bigger neighbour for most of their history, and often been ignored or patronised by the UK national media.

It was a joke FFS. It was joyous solidarity with another football minnow getting a rare one over on our biggest rival, and one of the big boys of European football. Most English commentators took it in that way and treated that 'once in a generation moment' as a fair cop.
    It's difficult not to patronize the likes of Drakeford, the Sennydd, BBC Wales, S4C, et al. Inward- looking hobbits obsessed with all things Welsh, and sneering at every opportunity at anything remotely English/British.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Wouldn't all top European leagues? There's a reason Scotland hasn't had billions pumped into their football league..same as Wales.

I'm sure the English league would still be a whole lot better than Scotlands if you took the money away.
    I just get the feeling there is a lot of ignorance when it comes to people who watch the english leagues judging foreign leagues.

Listening to Woodgate choosing a best 11 between the scousers and madrid....guess what ...it was basically a liverpool 11 with Alaba , Modric and Benzema....... and this is a supposed expert . He obviously doesn't have the first idea about La Liga.

Same goes for the SPL ..... I don't know much about it so refrain from passing judgement. What I do know however is that for a country of 5 million people it seems to have a certain amount of success at european level and the people in Scotland actually enjoy their league.

I bet you the same people who slag off the SPL romanticise the "real" football of the championship and advocate not getting promoted to the top english league. Kind of ironic.

Would an all english league be better than the spl ? I guess those who remember first division football before the premier league will be able to answer that one. All things being equal I guess that was the relative standard you could expect nowadays. Better than scotland ? Probably a similar style of football. Lots of guts and passion .....basically every team would be a little more like Burnley with the odd flair player like grealish, sterling and the odd fox in the box a la Keane and Vardy.

It is also important to remember that england has a population of 50 odd million so side by side, it would likely be a better standard overall , but would it would also be less prestigious and more along the lines of Serie A or Ligue 1 in terms of global attention.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    It's difficult not to patronize the likes of Drakeford, the Sennydd, BBC Wales, S4C, et al. Inward- looking hobbits obsessed with all things Welsh, and sneering at every opportunity at anything remotely English/British.
    Voting fo Brexit is not at all inward looking is it.

Borris Johnson is ****in buffoon.

Downing street is a all boys club ...with the odd bird and ethnic minority chucked in for good measure.

BBC Wales..... at the end of the day, it's still a british media channel.

S4C ....if you don't understand welsh nor have nothing to do with the welsh speaking world how can you judge ? I think that is called "prejudice" in your language.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    What a load of tosh you’ve posted here.
    “Welshies know your place” Yes in the fact that we only survive as a big club because we are in the English set up.
    “Treseder is obviously a little brit too. Bollox. The last time i looked at my passport, i was British.
    As it goes, the SPL is very poor league, but only because they have a fraction of the dough that the EPL gets.
    They’ve always had the crowds. Something we wouldn’t get anywhere near in an all Welsh set up.
    The truth sometimes hurts, but nevertheless, it’s the truth. As Trigger has point out, we don’t need to be fawning over the English, i personally love it when they balls up in tournament, but we still rely on them for our lifeblood.
    I just think this whole we rely on them for our lifeblood is the same crap we have to swallow from the more anglo-scentric welsh people on a political level when it comes to independence. Always the same premonitions of doom and infallibilty regarding the importance of listening to our masters.

In an alternative reality Wales would have a modest football league along the lines of the scottish league. We'd play more football in Europe and the standard of sides like Llanelli , Bangor or Bridgend would likely improve. There might be two sides in Cardiff instead of one.

A 15 side league made up of Cardiff City, Swansea, Newport, Wrexham, Bangor, Llanelli, Riverside FC..... etc would be entertaining in its own way. I dont expect those of you who are tradilionalist and fans of the english system to agree but the reality would not be as grim as people make out and those of you who love the english set up could follow a bristol team or somethign in order to get your fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Voting fo Brexit is not at all inward looking is it.

Borris Johnson is ****in buffoon.

Downing street is a all boys club ...with the odd bird and ethnic minority chucked in for good measure.

BBC Wales..... at the end of the day, it's still a british media channel.

S4C ....if you don't understand welsh nor have nothing to do with the welsh speaking world how can you judge ? I think that is called "prejudice" in your language.
    I think you've gone some way to confirming my points

The fact that moment from 6 years ago has been living rent-free in Simon Jordan's head all this time makes me laugh.

That said, don't really care what a TalkShite Radio mouthpiece who's only claim to fame is nearly killing off Crystal Palace thinks, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    The fact that moment from 6 years ago has been living rent-free in Simon Jordan's head all this time makes me laugh.

That said, don't really care what a TalkShite Radio mouthpiece who's only claim to fame is nearly killing off Crystal Palace thinks, to be honest.
    6 years pales into significance compared to some prejudices on here e.g. 'Scabby' Nottingham Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    6 years pales into significance compared to some prejudices on here e.g. 'Scabby' Nottingham Forest.
    Ye , these two events are totally comparable .

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Incomparable, one taking the piss out of self proclaimed giants of the game being beaten by a country with a smaller population than Cardiff, the other berating a region that was instrumental (it didn’t go well for them either despite the witch’s promises) in changing a whole lifestyle of many other regions. No comparison whatsoever.........it was tongue in cheek though, wasn’t it TBG?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    The best way to deal with them is let them carry on, they want the anger hence the controversial opinions. They're literally paid to do this..or make money off the back of the fact companies know they divide opinions so can't wait to throw them on the air.. I don't even get angry anymore it's a waste of my own energy. And just helps build their profile.
    Yeah you’re right mate, I used to watch and get angry, now as soon as I see people like him I mumble “attention seeking prick” and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Yeah you’re right mate, I used to watch and get angry, now as soon as I see people like him I mumble “attention seeking prick” and move on.
    I remember this bloke used to rant like **** about Katy Hopkins. Just block her or don't follow her or whatever and move on..baffles me.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I just think this whole we rely on them for our lifeblood is the same crap we have to swallow from the more anglo-scentric welsh people on a political level when it comes to independence. Always the same premonitions of doom and infallibilty regarding the importance of listening to our masters.

In an alternative reality Wales would have a modest football league along the lines of the scottish league. We'd play more football in Europe and the standard of sides like Llanelli , Bangor or Bridgend would likely improve. There might be two sides in Cardiff instead of one.

A 15 side league made up of Cardiff City, Swansea, Newport, Wrexham, Bangor, Llanelli, Riverside FC..... etc would be entertaining in its own way. I dont expect those of you who are tradilionalist and fans of the english system to agree but the reality would not be as grim as people make out and those of you who love the english set up could follow a bristol team or somethign in order to get your fix.
    Are you being serious? A Welsh league would be on a par with the Scottish league? That’s pie in the sky! For starters Celtic and Rangers consistently get over 45k home crowds, and the likes of Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs get over 10k, and even then they struggle to sign any world class players.
    There’s another thread on here at the moment, saying football is the no 1 sport in Wales. It probably is, but we wouldn’t get crowds like the Scots in a month of Sundays.
    We are tied in with the English in football and cricket for a reason.
    What ever you may think of me, i am a proud Welshman, but i’m also a realist. I’d love to see Wales become independent, and it would be interesting to see how we coped, but the footballing side would be dire.

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post

Agree with Jordan sometimes, but not here. It's hard, if not impossible, to gauge responses on a national level accurately, so all I'll say is that 80 per cent, or more, of the Welsh people I've talked to about the national team's response to England's defeat by Iceland has been along the same lines (i.e. supportive) - that may be a reflection of the circles I move in, but I doubt it if it is.

Saw this somewhere else and made me chuckle do thought I'd share-

Scotland plays Ukraine next week in a World Cup playoff match.
    Virtually the whole of Europe will be without a doubt supporting the country that has suffered so much torment and heartache at the hands of an immoral leader and will be hoping for a decent win that would bring the much-needed lift to a desperate population.

On the other hand, I'm sure there will be a few who'd prefer a Ukraine win.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Saw this somewhere else and made me chuckle do thought I'd share-

Scotland plays Ukraine next week in a World Cup playoff match.
    Virtually the whole of Europe will be without a doubt supporting the country that has suffered so much torment and heartache at the hands of an immoral leader and will be hoping for a decent win that would bring the much-needed lift to a desperate population.

On the other hand, I'm sure there will be a few who'd prefer a Ukraine win.
    😂😂